Nurse Manager-ICU, IMCU, Full-Time, DaysLake Forest, Illinois Job REQID 3298 Job Function Management-Nursing Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Nursing Manager reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Time, People and Resource Management:
- Establishes, implements, and monitors the unit or service areas capital and operating budget to achieve defined targets.
- Recruits and retains staff members consistent with the unit and organizations human resource plan.
- Develops systems for the responsible use of all hospital resources.
- Customer Focus:
- Clearly identifies the internal and external customer(s) for their unit or service area and their respective requirements/expectations.
- Actively seeks methods of concurrent and retrospective feedback from customers, listens to customer feedback and implements solutions and/or interventions as appropriate.
- Creative Leadership:
- Translates organizational vision into a unit or service area vision that engages staff in contributing to and achieving that vision.
- Actively participates and or leads multidisciplinary committees to support the advancement of perioperative care.
- Coaching and Development:
- Provides daily, just-in-time feedback to improve performance and self-esteem of staff.
- Tracks coaching discussions and actual performance of associates to ensure accountability.
- Seeks ways to match staff members talents and career interests with organizational opportunities.
- Continuous Learning:
- Continually examines ways to improve business relationships with customers, suppliers, community, etc.
- Seeks and is open to new ideas from a wide range of sources; encourages others to share knowledge and best practices.
- Additional Functions:
- Responsible for coordinating specialty teams as needs arise.
- Responsible for coordinating effective patient throughput.
- Responsible for development of staffing program to support clinical expertise.
- Responsible for assisting the director in the capital budget to support replacement of infrastructure equipment and new technology.
- Responsible for understanding the impact of new technology on the population served and coordinating reimbursement activities with the Business manager.
- Responsible for maintaining the following systems: patient charging, inventory, staff scheduling in collaboration with Materials Management staff
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate supply formularies and par levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- 5 to 8 years nursing experience with demonstrated progressive responsibilities.
- Licensed as a professional nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Master's degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous management experience.
- Board Certified in Nursing Administration from ANCC or AONE.
- Respiratory Therapist CRT - Respiratory Therapy, Full Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Patient Service Representative - ICC, Casual, Days Glenview, Illinois
- Patient Care Tech - Behavioral Health, Part Time, Evenings Woodstock, Illinois
- Phlebotomist-FLOAT - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (CW) Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs