Nuclear Med Tech - Nuclear Medicine, Casual, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 41155 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Day Job (1st) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 30.89 Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Casual position located at Lake Forest Hospital. Some Saturday coverage required, holiday and on call rotation required. Must have weekday availability for fill in.**
The Nuclear Med Techreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Obtains complete patient history for radiologist to assist in rendering results. Instructs and prepares patient for exam.
- Prepares and administers radioisotopes orally or by injection.
- Positions patient and equipment according to type of procedure being performed.
- Conducts diagnostic scan; reviews scan with radiologist as needed.
- Performs all required scanning of paperwork and PACS duties.
- Receives orders, schedules patients and coordinates nuclear medicine procedures with other services when necessary.
- Performs all equipment, quality control and safety procedures.
- Maintains records of radioisotope receipt, use, storage and disposal.
- Maintains and cleans work area and equipment; replenishes supplies as needed.
- ARRT(N) or NMTCB
- BLS through American Heart Association
- 2 to 3 years of undergraduate education or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of related work experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs