Neurologist - Hospital Based - Lake ForestLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Job REQID REF10023F Job Function Physician Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
Northwestern Medicine is a growing, nationally recognized health system that provides world-class care at 10 hospitals and more than 200 locations in communities throughout Chicago, the suburbs and northern Illinois. Together with Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, we are pushing boundaries in our research labs, training the next generation of physicians and scientists, and pursuing excellence in patient care.
We value building relationships with our patients and their families, listening to their unique needs while providing individualized primary, specialty and hospital-based care. Our recent affiliations and ongoing growth make it possible for us to serve more patients, closer to where they live and work. While each of our locations has a unique story, Northwestern Medicine is unified under one mission – Patients First.
- Treatment of patients at NMG and such hospitals, office locations and health care facilities as may be determined by the President of NMG or his/her designee.
- Maintaining a clinical schedule on such days, such hours, and at such locations as necessary to provide timely and comprehensive medical services to NMG patients.
- Teaching of medical residents, fellows, medical students, nurses and other health care providers as may be required by NMG.
- Providing on-call coverage as reasonably required by NMG.
- Referring patients requiring specialized medical care to those specialists and other health care providers and facilities that are members of NMG's affiliated provider network, provided that such referral does not unreasonably interfere with the patients expressed preference for a different healthcare provider, his/her insurers determination of healthcare provider or the patients best medical interests in Physicians medical judgment.
- Regular participation in practice unit meetings and quality assurance activities.
- Compliance with billing, documentation and related policies, procedures, systems and practices established by NMG as payors with which NMG contracts.
- Performance of such other duties as are consistent with Physician's employment and as may be assigned to Physician by the President or his/her designee from time to time.
Our practice model, built around excellent patient care and safety, consists of office- and inpatient-based neurologists who collaboratively provide outpatient, inpatient and on-call neurologic coverage. This position has a primary inpatient/neuro-hospitalist focus. This mixed model neurology practice offers opportunities for physicians to focus in preferred areas of neurology and promotes improved work-life balance. Our neurology NP works closely with the physician covering inpatient services and further promotes patient safety and care consistency.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong commitment to community-focused clinical excellence and patient experience. This position is a full-time clinical FTE with a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
- Full-time employed position with Northwestern Medical Group with hospital privileges at Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital
- Primary Location: Lake Forest
- Successful and expanding multi-specialty physician group that promotes a collegial work environment, physician success and compassionate care
- Physician-led work environment
- EPIC electronic health record system
- Competitive compensation package and excellent benefits
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs