Network Engineer - Network Services, Full-time, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 14020 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Network Engineer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for support of the Wide Area Network (WAN) as well as wired and wireless Local Area Networks (LANs) throughout the organization.
- This includes implementation and maintenance of network hardware (routers, switches, wireless, etc.) at various geographic locations.
- Maintain network monitoring systems to alert on resource availability and produce metrics.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend network related tools and emerging technologies to provide greater service to Northwestern Medicine employees.
- Responsible for optimization of network hardware, software, and communication links to support all current and future network applications over a converged network of data.
- Analyze and troubleshoot network and telecommunications issues to resolve outages in a timely manner and minimize impact to the company and its respective business units.
- Develop and maintain network documentation, and network diagrams for support, audit, compliance, and Disaster Recovery purposes.
- Contribute to the planning of short and long-term network capacity requirements.
- Comply with all published enterprise level policies and procedures including, but not limited to, Risk Management policies.
- Light travel is expected to reach remote sites (branches and data centers).
- Occasional off-hours support.
- Other duties may be required and assigned by leadership
- Motivated with a good attitude toward the team and goals.
- Achieved CCNA-level certification or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Takes initiative in problem resolution for escalated incidents and requests.
- Dutifully participates in project initiatives for the team and other teams as needed.
- Strong in sharing knowledge and presentations to the team.
- Team player: assists without prompting and respects the chain of command.
- Mentor for teammates in associate roles.
- Provides clear and detailed documentation that can be digested by peers.
- Provides timely updates to Team Lead and management on issues and projects.
- Maintains a dedicated approach to continuing education and certification within the field.
- Can act independently as a first responder to on-call issues related to team-owned systems.
- Relevant IT\Cisco\Network Certifications.
- 3-5+ years of experience.
- Requires a high-level knowledge of IP Networking including routing, switching, TCP/IP, IP subnetting, load balancing, traffic optimization, performance monitoring, Cisco IOS, BGP, EIGRP, ACLs, HSRP, MPLS, SNMP, SFTP, SSH, STP, hierarchical NTP design, TACACS, RADIUS, VLAN trunks, and various VPN technologies.
- Extensive hands on experience with Cisco routers and switches, circuit provisioning experience, and analysis of packet captures for the purposes of troubleshooting are also required.
- Knowledge and understanding of QoS, IPsec, vPCs, Nexus NX-OS, VRFs, various network admin and monitoring tools, Blade Enclosure Networking in a virtual environment, load balancing, and wireless solutions.
- Requires a general understanding of Cisco UCS, Wireless, and ISE. Knowledge of ACI and Datacenter Technology is a plus.
- Networking certifications, such as Cisco expert level certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or CCDE) are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Host/Hostess, Delnor, Part-time, Days & Evenings Geneva, Illinois
- Occupational Therapist Pediatrics - Marianjoy, In House Registry, Days Wheaton, Illinois
- Host/Hostess, Delnor, Casual, Afternoon & Evenings Geneva, Illinois
- Charge Nurse - CDH West Surgery, Full-time, Rotating Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs