MRI Technologist-MRI Full Time EveningsLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 94921 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $30.89 + per hour.
**This is a full-time position at 40 hours per week located at Lake Forest Hosptial. The hours are 2:30p-11p with alternating Sunday. This position includes on call and holiday rotation. **
The MRI Technologist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Administers gadolinium contrast intravenously, screens for allergies and contraindications.
- Positions patient on examining table and places coil close to area of interest, follows exam protocols, reviews physician's orders and consults with radiologist on questionable orders/protocols.
- Enters data such as anatomical area to be scanned, orientation specified and position of entry into computer.
- Communicates with patient before procedure to obtain history, explain risks and what can be expected; communicates during procedure to monitor safety and comfort.
- Keys commands to specify MRI scan sequences and adjust parameters and slice positioning appropriate to the exam and patient anatomy.
- Alerts patients and staff of danger of wearing or carrying metal near the magnet.
- Views images of area being scanned on video display screen to ensure quality of images.
- Ensures that patient (staff/visitor), completes the MRI screening form. Reviews written form, discusses verbally with patient for contraindications and signs form. Investigates and clears as safe any potential ferromagnetic foreign objects/implants before exposing the patient to the magnetic field.
- Receives and reviews orders, coordinates schedule, prioritizes urgent exams and obtains wet reads.
- Maintains and cleans work area and equipment; replenishes supplies as needed.
- Adheres to MRI safety guidelines, policies and procedures. Controls and evaluates for safe entry of all persons, objects, supplies and equipment into the MRI environment.
- Ensures all exams are ordered correctly in HIS/RIS and charged and tracked accurately.
- Initiates service calls for equipment problems.
- ARRT or ARMRIT
- 2 to 3 years of undergraduate education or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of related work experience
- BLS through American Heart Association
- ARRT (MR)
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs