LPN Medication Privileges - Urology, Full Time, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 13064 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Full Time position at 40hrs per week located on the Lake Forest Hospital campus for the Physician clinic. Urology experience is preferred.**
The LPN Medication Privs reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Collaborates in the collection and assessment of the patients problem/condition.
- Provide pre-attending care for patients.
- Elicit and document the patients chief complaint, history and patient needs.
- Collaborates on the development, planning and modification of the Registered Nurses or Advanced Practice Nurses nursing care plan.
- Implements aspects of the nursing plan of care as delegated and with demonstrated competencies:
- Administers vaccines, medications and/or prescribed treatments and procedures as ordered by the provider or delegated by supervising RN.
- Administers oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular or intradermal medications as delegated.
- Administers medicated baths, respiratory treatments, dermatological treatments or phototherapy as delegated.
- Is prohibited from administering intervenors or epidural medications. The LPN may monitor IV infusions as delegated by the supervising RN.
- Participates in the evaluation of the patient's response to interventions and reports the effectiveness of the plan of care to the team.
- Participates in established educational strategies to promote, achieve and maintain optimum patient health outcomes, as delegated.
- Documents all observations and interventions in the patient medical record as appropriate.
- Serves as an advocate for the patient by communicating and collaborating with other health service personnel, as delegated.
- Provides input in the development of policies and procedures to support patient safety.
- Performs the following duties and procedures within the scope of LPN practice: vital signs, phlebotomy, specimen collection, wound care, and urinary catheterization.
- Additional practice specific duties within the scope of practice of the LPN practice may be performed with demonstrated competencies, as delegated.
- Assists physicians and RNs in other patient care support activities related to referrals, lab work, diagnostic testing, medication ordering, results reporting and scheduling, as delegated.
- Assists in urgent/emergent medical situations, as appropriate, and in accordance with the organizations protocols for medical emergencies and cardiac arrests.
- Identifies and participates in the elimination of hazardous situations and reports all defective materials, equipment or risk factors to immediate supervisor.
- In collaboration with the immediate supervisor, completes NETS reports for patient/visitor related events.
- Performs other tasks as delegated and within the LPN scope of practice.
- Licensed Practical Nurse Licensure by the State of Illinois required.
- Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing required.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation recognition (healthcare provider level) American Heart Association Accredited.
- One to two years experience in ambulatory care preferred.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Case Manager RN/Woodstock-Full-time, Day Woodstock, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Medical Surgical/Onconolgy-McHenry-Full-time, Nights McHenry, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Emergency/Huntley-Full-time, Night Huntley, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Allergy and ENT- Full-time- Days Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs