Laundry Assistant - Full-time, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 9404 Job Function Housekeeping Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Laundry Assistant reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Sorts wet linens by separating those to be fluff dried such as gowns, blankets, and towels from those to be ironed such as sheets and pillowcases.
- Unloads linens from dryers into wheeled baskets
- Prepares flatwork ironer for operation by feeding wax cloth through prior to feeding in linens. Selects correct speed for ironer according to items to be ironed. Feeds wet linens through ironer.
- Receives stacks of ironed and folded linens coming off folder conveyor belt. Separates into stacks by size and type of linen. Receives certain items such as pillowcases which bypass the folder/stacker, and folds and stacks these items.
- Hand folds fluff dried linens and stacks according to size and type.
- Feeds fluff dried linens through small piece folders according to size and type.
- Counts linen returns and deliveries and enters data into hand held computer.
- Packs linen delivery carts and tubs with appropriate quantities for user departments.
- Ability to understand basic verbal work instructions
- No previous job experience required
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Case Manager RN/Woodstock-Full-time, Day Woodstock, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Medical Surgical/Onconolgy-McHenry-Full-time, Nights McHenry, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Emergency/Huntley-Full-time, Night Huntley, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Allergy and ENT- Full-time- Days Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs