Interventional Radiologic Tech - Interventional Services, Casual, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 29291 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Casual position located at Lake Forest Hospital. The days would be between Monday through Friday, no earlier than 7am and no later than 5:30pm. There are no weekends, no on-call or holiday rotations.**
The Interventional Radiologic Technologist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Prepares and scrubs-in to sterile field to directly assist physician performing diagnostic or interventional procedures and maintains strict adherence to principles of asepsis.
- Assesses individual patient to determine appropriate procedure protocol and method of application for optimal imaging during specific procedural type.
- Employs imaging systems and accessory devices appropriately to achieve generation of quality diagnostic clinical data and procedural outcomes.
- Performs imaging procedures in accordance with radiation safety practices as determined by Illinois Dept. of Nuclear Safety and Nuclear Regulatory Commission to limit radiation exposure to patient,self and other healthcare team members.
- Positions and drapes patient to facilitate optimal arterial or venous access for individual procedure type (i.e. dual access sites, trans-radial approach, etc.) while considering patient privacy and comfort.
- Reviews and evaluates resultant clinical data or imaging for comparison with clinical standards; takes corrective action as needed to achieve and maintain standards.
- Pre-procedure: prepares by assessment of each patient's relevant clinical data (laboratory values, allergies, history, etc.) prior to preparing patient for procedure or providing instructions/information to patient or significant others.
- Pre-procedure: fully prepares procedure room as well as other necessary equipment or devices commonly utilized in interventional procedures.
- Maintains and clean work areas and equipment per hospital standards.
- Performs intra-procedural clinical documentation via integrated hemodynamic system. Follows through for appropriate entries related to all procedural and/or supply charges.
- Assists with lifting, moving, positioning, and transporting patients to and from procedure table or room to other care areas.
- Completes the filing and post processing of images.
- Consistently monitors stock and specialized inventory to anticipate need and availability for specific case types. Practices rotation of dated items and maintenance of a clean and orderly environment.
- Takes action to independently report incidence of equipment failure, irregularities in equipment performance, and equipment disrepair to supervisory and/or biomedical/service personnel as soon as possible.
- Assists in updating and developing procedure manuals for angiography, tomography and other special radiographic procedures.
- Assists with coordination of procedural scheduling as needed.
- Able to precept or assist with department orientation of new staff members.
- Must have ability to provide on-call coverage for emergent procedures and respond to be on duty within 30 minutes or less for cardiac procedures and 30 minutes or less for Interventional Radiology procedures.
- Associate's degree in Applied Sciences
- ARRT Certification
- IEMA Licensure
- BLS through American Heart Association
- Minimum of 1 year experience in similar role within an active interventional cardiac cath, IR, EP lab.
- Must be fully knowledgeable in cardio-vascular procedural routines & understand technologists role performing the following: PTCA (coronary angioplasty), Coronary Stenting, Intra-Aortic Balloon placement, Temporary and Permanent Pacemaker insertion, Atherectomy, Intra-vascular Ultrasound (IVUS), Thrombectomy (use of Pronto device), FFR/Pressure Wire, and Management of Arterial and Venous Sheaths.
- Bachelor of Science Degree
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Services Rep- Regional Medical Group Pediatrics- Part-Time, Days South Elgin, Illinois
- Food Service Worker - Kish Food & Nutrition Services, Full-time, Rotating, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus DeKalb, Illinois
- Patient Service Representative - Cardiology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Department Secretary - Outpatient Rehabilitation, Full-time, Rotating Sycamore, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs