Engineer - Health and Fitness, Casual, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 19403 Job Function Facilities/Maintenance Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is an every other weekend position from 5a-1:30p for the Health & Fitness Center located on the Lake Forest Hospital campus. This is a non union role.**
The Engineer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Coordinates between various parties such as clinical staff, engineers, and technical staff for facilities management services.
- Observes meters, gauges and fuel levels to determine operating conditions of equipment/systems and regulates the performance within established standards.
- Performs preventative and general service on various pieces of industrial/commercial equipment and mechanical equipment/systems.
- Takes chemical readings of boilers, air conditioning systems, pools and related waters; adjusts or changes concentrated levels accordingly.
- Performs preventative maintenance and emergency repairs on commercial sterilizer and heavy duty industrial type equipment.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and restores malfunctioning mechanical and electrical equipment and systems.
- Performs maintenance on hospital equipment such as desks, tables, TVs, nurse call, kitchen, laundry, chairs, patient beds, wheel chairs, stretchers and walkers.
- Identifies and reports safety and fire hazards in accordance with NFPA 99 and 101 regulations.
- Repairs interior and exterior surfaces of the building including minor roof repairs.
- Monitors and operates electrical and mechanical building automation system (BAS).
- Works with others in department on P.M.'s, Electrical/Refrigeration/Painting projects, general maintenance and emergency repairs.
- Works on a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) that includes data entry and entering routine work tickets.
- On accession will perform primary security functions as defined in Security Officer job description
- Stationary Engineering License (or within three months of hiring)
- Three or more years of progressively responsible engineering experience in similar building environment which includes general certifications and training on HVAC/mechanical equipment.
- Strong verbal skills and a customer-oriented attitude.
- Familiar with MS Office, strong computer skills, data entry
- Certified Pool Operators License
- CPI Certified
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Associate General Counsel, Full-Time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Practice Specialist Nurse - Critical Care/ICU Huntley, Full-time, Day Huntley, Illinois
- Staff Nurse Inpatient - Marianjoy, 3 East, $3,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time Evenings Wheaton, Illinois
- Patient Care Tech - Marianjoy, $2,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time Days Wheaton, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs