Engagement Coach, Full-time, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 28697 Job Function General Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Engagement Coach reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day coordination of key patient experience programs and departmental coaching and consulting across Northwestern Medicine.
- Demonstrates Values, Patient Satisfaction and Service Excellence
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Provides accurate information and timely updates to patients and customers.
- Addresses questions and concerns promptly, or identifies appropriate person and resources to do so.
- Provides directions or help to patients and customers with finding their way.
- Uses effective service recovery skills to solve problems or service breakdowns when they occur.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments.
- Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, and acknowledges the assistance and contributions of others.
- Serves as a role model and coach to others; builds partnerships and teams.
- Patient Satisfaction Data Analysis:
- Works with NM Analytics department to develop and distribute automated patient satisfaction reporting and dashboards through the EDW
- Creates, distributes, and analyzes monthly patient satisfaction reports utilizing NM and vendor reporting tools (Press Ganey Online, EDW, etc.)
- Creates and completes ad-hoc patient satisfaction reports and presentations as requested by internal customers and departments.
- Pro-actively monitors patient satisfaction survey data and comments to identify trends, changes, and areas of opportunity.
- Patient Experience Coaching and Program Management:
- Defines and executes innovative analytic approaches to strategic questions, to provide executive-level recommendations and reports based on effective analysis and research.
- Draws upon healthcare knowledge, trends, and experiences to inform analysis and to highlight relevant implications for the organization.
- Designs and packages Board and executive-level presentations and written communications with minimal oversight.
- Applies project management methodologies, such as developing project charters and monitoring/measurement systems, to implement strategic initiatives.
- Functions as an internal consultant to leaders across the organization: provide data collection and analysis, develop strategic plans, and implement project plans.
- Consistently demonstrates a professional, self-directed approach to department responsibilities.
- Consistently demonstrates flexibility and organization while maintaining high levels of performance under stressful situations.
- Meets with assigned departments, leadership teams, or other internal stakeholders to review performance and create and manage improvement plans
- Provides training on data sources, tools, and planning methodologies to team members when needed.
- Encourages and facilitates continuous learning and development, for self and others.
- Attends staff or leadership meetings when applicable, rounds regularly on patients and staff.
- Works with NM system functions to implement programs and initiatives that support improving the patient experience (NM Academy, HR, Process Improvement, Analytics, etc.)
- Provides leadership on other departmental projects as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree and/or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of patient experience or customer service coaching and/or program management.
- Experience in strong customer service environment with demonstrated commitment to improving the patient experience
- Facilitation / Project Management of change initiatives across various levels of an organization
- Solid presentation skills with a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Proven software competencies (Excel, Power Point, Access); highly skilled in Excel
- Flexible/adaptable ability to work with diverse group of healthcare professionals in a matrix environment
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Masters Degree in relevant field
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Direct patient care experience in some capacity (nurse, social work, lab/procedural, technician, etc.)
- Previous experience with patient satisfaction vendors, Press Ganey and / or other
- Knowledge of patient loyalty as a strategic growth initiative
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Care Tech - Huntley Surgical Care, Part Time, Days Huntley, Illinois
- Attending Nurse - Neuroscience Progressive Unit, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Software Developer Epic Cache Chicago, Illinois
- Ophthalmic Assistant - Ophthalmology, Full Time, Days **$5,000 Sign on Bonus** Grayslake, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs