EMS Educator (Emergency Services), Full Time DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 17882 Job Function Nursing Coordinator Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The EMS Educator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current EMS Act and IDPH Rules & Regulations.
- Assists the EMS Administrator/System Coordinator with special projects as directed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current National EMS Education Guidelines, CoAEMSP, CAAHEP, and National Registry.
- Abides by and enforces all EMS System policies and procedures.
- Is responsible for coordinating the respective EMS course to include classroom and lab instruction, scheduling the necessary number of instructors per course as appropriate, supervision of students, and evaluation of learning.
- Instructors may be internal and/or external staff.
- Is responsible for coordinating communications between the Resource Hospital and EMS System Providers in regards to the respective EMS course.
- In collaboration with the EMS Administrator/System Coordinator, submits requests for approval of educational materials, equipment, supplies, and additional faculty for each class taught; purchase requisitions for equipment needed for the course, and any other incurred costs.
- Monitors student and EMS Provider evaluations, and reports findings to EMS Administrator/System Coordinator.
- Updates all preceptors with the latest information on curriculum, science guidelines, policies and procedures, and training bulletins.
- Is available for all IDPH-EMS Administrative reviews to answer any questions from reviews. If problems are identified the educator will assist the EMS Administrator/System Coordinator in submitting a written plan of corrective action.
- Is available on-site, by phone or pager throughout the course with EMS Administrator/System Coordinator as back up.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, nurses, EMS/Trauma Staff, pre-hospital providers, students and staff of other hospital units in a timely manner as related to the EMS course.
- Attends all EMS System, Regional and State meetings assigned by the EMS Administrator/System Coordinator.
- Acts as a liaison between the EMS Providers and the EMS Office for the EMS course. Feedback will be communicated in a timely manner to the respective EMS Administrator/System Coordinator.
- Assists in performance improvement projects for EMS to include case reviews at the direction of EMS Administrator/System Coordinator.
- Organizes activities of EMS personnel within the hospital at the direction of EMS Administrator/System Coordinator.
- Educates hospital staff and EMS personnel regarding emergency services.
- Performs other related tasks and services to support the EMS function.
- Participates in disaster drills within hospital and local fire departments.
- BLS Certification through American Heart Association.
- Registered Nursing license issued by the State of Illinois OR Current EMT P license without restrictions (National Registry Preferred).
- Five years EMS or ECRN experience.
- Three years EMS teaching experience using National EMS Education Standards.
- EMS course coordination experience (e.g., EMT, Paramedic, TNS).
- Experience working with CoAEMSP, CAAHEP and National Registry.
- Experience writing syllabus, course objectives, lesson plans, written and practical examinations.
- Familiarity with NEMSIS data requirements and EMS electronic patient care reporting.
- Bachelor or Masters degree.
- IDPH Lead Instructor as a condition of employment within 6 months.
- ACLS, PALS/PEPP/ENPC, and ITLS/PHTLS instructor.
- Experience using ESO electronic patient care reporting system.
- National Certification in area of specialty
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical Care Center, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Surgical Care Unit (Post Operative Care Unit), Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-o Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Mother/Baby) Full Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Observation) Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs