Continuing Medical Education Specialist, Part-Time, DaysLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 42292 Job Function Quality/Business Development/Process Improvement Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
***This is a Part-Time position at 32 hours/week***
The CME Specialist reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The responsibilities of the CME Specialist include, but are not limited to working in concert with the Chair, Continuing Medical Education committee, CME Committee and CME Administrator to assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of CME activities as described below.
- Assessment of Educational Needs:
- Support and assist in the efforts to identify and define educational needs of the staff or membership.
- Assist in the method for review and approval of submitted CME programs.
- Marketing and Promotion of CME Activities:
- Assist in the design and distribute promotional announcements for each program.
- Ensure that all CME promotional announcements include program objectives and the correct accreditation statement.
- Faculty Liaison:
- Confirm faculty participation in writing to assure that program and learning objectives are clearly defined.
- Arrange for room reservations, audiovisual equipment requirements and presentation materials.
- Secure and disseminate complete faculty disclosure form in compliance with disclosure policy.
- Monitor Compliance:
- Ensure that the Letter of Agreement between the accredited organization and the educational grantor (when applicable) is completed (two signatures) while ensuring that the accredited provider maintains complete control of program.
- Ensure that faculty disclosure and commercial support information is communicated (verbally or in written format) to participants for each program.
- Have a proficient understanding of Northwestern University requirements necessary for CME accreditation.
- Evaluation of CME Activities and Overall Program:
- Design the evaluation tool for each program which includes the assessment of program objectives.
- Summarize evaluations in a report for the Chair, CME Committee and CME Committee to review.
- Solicit feedback from physicians and staff as to overall benefit of CME program.
- Utilize related health care professionals in reviewing the overall focus of the CME program and identify areas for improvement.
- Administrative Management of CME Program:
- Provide on-site support for each program including attendance, the distribution and collection of evaluation feedback, faculty disclosure and commercial support acknowledgement.
- Develop and maintain a file for each program offered during the current accreditation term (Physician attendance records must be kept for a minimum of 6 years).
- Provide administrative support to the CME Committee Chair, CME Committee and CME Administrator.
- Maintain a current list of CME Committee members.
- Arrange for CME Committee meetings and take minutes.
- Assist with the CME re-accreditation process; complete the application in concert with the Chair, review program files, work with Northwestern staff to establish a survey date, and attend the re-accreditation survey.
- Provide liaison function with the CME accreditation system when physicians need approved CME credit reports (when applicable).
- Bachelor's degree plus 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Strong planning, organizational, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- CME certification.
- Advanced Excel and Access skills.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Respiratory Care Assistant- Delnor Respiratory Care, Casual, Rotating Shifts Geneva, Illinois
- OB RN - Full-Time, Day Shift DeKalb, Illinois
- Outpatient Physical Therapist- Full Time, Weekdays & Saturday Morning Shift Bartlett, Illinois
- Registered Nurse, Day Surgery, Part-Time DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs