Security Officer I - Security, Casual, NightsLocation Huntley, Illinois Business Unit Huntley Hospital Job REQID 95055 Job Function Safety/Security/Infection Control Shift Night Job (3rd) Apply Now
The Security Officer I reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Under the direction of the Security Leadership, this position is responsible for adhering to established policies and procedures to protect the hospital from theft and damage, providing protection for patients, visitors, associates, and medical staff, investigating and quelling disturbances, and restraining patients upon proper direction and assistance of medical/clinical staff.
- Investigates and quells hospital incidents and disturbances to maintain patient, visitor, and associate security.
- Notifies appropriate city officials (police and fire) and prepares descriptive reports for supervisory personnel.
- Performs regular perimeter and internal patrols of the hospital buildings and grounds to assure protection of patients and property and to prevent the entry of unauthorized persons into the hospital.
- Conducts investigations into incidents of hazardous conditions, reported theft, criminal activity, and any other security or safety issues as reported.
- Attends to the closed circuit TV system per shift assignments.
- Attends to the Access Control System per shift assignments.
- Monitors fire and distress alarms in accordance with post and shift assignments.
- Controls traffic as necessary to assure access by emergency vehicles at all times and access by patients and visitors accordingly.
- Maintains security of restricted areas by checking and locking doors according to pre-set schedules or as required by special circumstances.
- Provides escort service for Associates to their vehicles as requested.
- Delivers deceased bodies to the morgue and releases same to authorized persons in accordance with established policies.
- Responds to all emergency codes in accordance with department specific guidelines.
- Alerts the department manager of any activities or deviation from departmental standards that may require disciplinary action or follow-up.
- Enforces all hospital policies and procedures as directed.
- Officers must display a competent and professional service image yet be approachable and service minded at all times.
- This image should encourage people to freely ask for assistance or convey information that may allow the officer to prevent problems or reduce exposure of the hospital to damage or loss.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Successful completion of IAHSS Basic Modules within 60 days of hire
- Current BLS through AHA within 8 mo of hire
- Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to interact effectively with a variety of individuals including associates, medical staff, patients, visitors, police, etc.
- Writing skills necessary to complete reports and paper work that meets departmental standards
- Physical ability to stand and walk during much of your work shift patrolling hospital buildings and grounds
- Physical ability to respond quickly to emergency situations that may include stair climbing or other physical exertion in the protection of patients, visitors, and staff
- Physical ability to lift/assist with heavy objects occasionally
- Valid drivers license.
- Experience in healthcare security, police work, or military service
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs