Safety Companion Monitor Room Part Time NightsLocation Huntley, Illinois Business Unit Huntley Hospital Job REQID 114145 Job Function Patient Support Shift Night Job (3rd) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Patient Safety Technicianreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Remains at bedside of assigned patient at all times unless relieved by an appropriate staff member.
- Identifies and removes hazards from the patient and patient's environment, and reports as appropriate.
- May assist patient with performing activities of daily living, as delegated by supervising RN, for example ambulating, toileting, assisting with bed making, positioning.
- Provides continuous safety observation, either in-person or via continuous video monitoring, of patients identified to be at risk for causing injury to themselves or to others. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: offering basic comfort measures to help the patient relax and addressing the emotional needs of specific patients served, including the use of encouragement, distraction, coping strategies, cognitive stimulation activities, and de-escalation techniques within the scope of this role as appropriate.
- Remotely monitors multiple patients via continuous video monitoring. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: providing effective verbal redirection of designated remote continuous observation patients from engaging in risk behaviors and summoning appropriate staff via communication device/STAT Alert Alarm when appropriate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs