Medical Imaging Assistant I- Medical Imaging, Full-Time, EveningsLocation Huntley, Illinois Business Unit Huntley Hospital Job REQID 27117 Job Function Patient Support Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Medical Imaging Assistant I reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Medical Imaging Assistants (MIA) work directly with nurses and technologists to provide direct patient care to promote the patients personal, emotional and physical needs. An MIA ensures patient safety and consistently manages procedural workflow. This position performs patient and procedure related duties in accordance with the department policies and procedures. This position must demonstrate competence in transporting both inpatients and outpatients; possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
This position is also responsible for a variety of clerical and administrative support functions, along with, customer service for an assigned patient care area which promotes an organized, efficient delivery of care to patients. This position integrates the CHS values of genuine respect, passionate caring and a joyful spirit into each of the responsibilities of this job and daily communication with all customers and co-workers. This position adheres to and is responsible for the safety standards of Centegra Health System including the completion of mandatory organizational safety standards on an annual basis. Identification of population served by this position: Neonate through Geriatric as determined by the department scope of service. This position actively maintains confidentiality for our patients and of their families as outlined in the CHS Patient Confidentiality Policy and demonstrates the same level of respect for every CHS Associate.
- Demonstrates the knowledge of principles of growth and development over the life span, which includes being able to identify each patients requirements relative to the patients age-specific needs.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills in order to facilitate the flow of information throughout the facility.
- Ability to manage the flow of information and communications for the department.
- Facilitates care by ensuring a well-organized working environment.
- Assist nurses and technologist through direct patient care.
- Ensures timely transport of patients with proper use of transport aides and equipment.
- Effectively communicates with members of the health care to team to efficiently coordinate patient care.
- Assists in moving patients in and out of beds, wheelchairs, stretchers and exam tables.
- Ability to perform lifting and transfer activities related to moving patients while using safe and proper body mechanics.
- Must adhere to all CHS Infection Control policies and procedures, at all times.
- Provides pre-test information and instructions to patients.
- Facilitates effective caregiver handoff communication.
- Willingness to travel and learn proper work flow for three hospital sites.
- Participate in the resolution of customer questions and concerns, collects necessary data and follows through with appropriate person for resolution.
- Provides support in the acquisition and distribution of digital patient records.
- Digitizes, formats and uploads film-based or digital imagines into PACS.
- Demonstrates proficiency with all necessary PACS, Paragon, Emix, PenRad, Cardiology Centricity, Workstation Centricity, T-Systems, MPF, SCU applications.
- Provides timely and efficient service to all physicians, staff and patients.
- Fulfills requests for images and reports ensuring availability in system and follows proper protocols for releasing confidential patient information.
- Performs other clerical duties as necessary, i.e., errands, keeps environment orderly, put away supplies, assist with visitors, etc.
- Must possess excellent customer relation and interpersonal skills, with all ages.
- Consistently acts in a professional and positive manner when dealing with patients, families, co-workers, staff and the general public.
- Promotes effective working relationships and works effectively as part of the department to facilitate the hospitals goals and objectives.
- Maintains flexibility and willingness to accept additional responsibilities, as needed.
- Protects information that is sensitive, proprietary, or confidential in nature.
- Assists in the training and orientation of Associates.
- Ability to handle stress in a productive and professional manner.
- Adheres to Patient Rights Policy and patient confidentiality standards.
- Works to provide functional and safe surroundings for patients.
- Completes all mandatory educational requirements and certifications.
- Attends required staff meetings per department requirements.
- Ability to dispense oral CT contrast for outpatients if CNA certified.
- This position performs other duties as assigned.
- 0-10 years experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- CPR Certification required within first 90 days.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be flexible, versatile, reliable and a team player.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Possess intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to start and maintain IV access for contrast administration.
- Ability to perform EKGs.
- Certified Nursing Assistant.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Registered Nurse- PH Perinatal, Casual, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Oncology -Sg4 North - Part-Time, Days - Sign On-Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time Days - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time, Days, - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs