Lead Surgical Technologist- Huntley Surgery, Full-Time, EveningsLocation Huntley, Illinois Business Unit Huntley Hospital Job REQID 81369 Job Function Patient Support Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Lead Surgical Technologist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position assists the service specialty RN Team Leader in coordination of service activities related to staff, equipment, instruments, and training. Under the guidance of the RN, the Lead Surgical Technologist provides patient care to assigned surgery patients by maintaining a safe and aseptic environment and by demonstrating general nursing knowledge through the application of the Nursing Process.
- Assists the RN with initial and ongoing nursing assessments utilizing his/her knowledge of growth and development through the life span.
- Assists the RN Identifying and utilizing resources available to facilitate the assessment process, including physiological, psychosocial, safety, and emotional needs.
- Utilizes assessment data continuously to identify patient problems/needs.
- Coordinates with the RN Team Leader the needs of service-specific physicians.
- Sets priorities according to patient/unit needs and utilizes time effectively, including anticipating needs during unexpected and varying situations, including trauma.
- Assists the RN with developing and continuously updates a plan of care utilizing assessment data to identify patient problems/needs with recognition of the patients stage of growth and development.
- Assists the RN Team Leader in control of cost containment and standardization in relation to products, par levels and staff utilization.
- Attends specialty-specific in-services or seminars to maintain competency and promote professional growth.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve and initiate appropriate action.
- Assists RN with documentation of all pertinent information.
- Serves as resource/preceptor for the orientation process in surgical specialty.
- Assists the RN Team Leader in the education and competency in relation to new procedures and/or equipment.
- Demonstrates technical skills and safety in operating all equipment competently.
- Follows hospital/unit policies and procedures.
- Assists in charging, control, and maintenance of supplies and equipment.
- On-call for emergencies and available for additional duties.
- Assists RN with evaluating and documents the effectiveness of nursing interventions recognizing the stage of the life cycle as well as cultural and religious influences. Assists RN with informing physician of the patients progress.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates skill in developing effective communication skills with patients, families, physician and other health team members.
- Demonstrates productive working relationships with other health team members.
- Delivers nursing care safely and in an ethical manner.
- Under the guidance of the RN, demonstrates safe nursing practice for patients, family and other health team members.
- Maintains the dignity and confidentiality of patients and of patient information.
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for self-growth and development.
- Takes responsibility for self-development through opportunities for professional growth.
- Participates in unit meetings and on Surgical Services/hospital committees.
- Maintains accountability for the quality of nursing care provided, as well as that, which is delegated to others.
- Actively participates in quality improvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical Technologists with current CST certification
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs