Lead Facilities Engineer- Plant Operations, Full-Time, DaysLocation Huntley, Illinois Business Unit Huntley Hospital Job REQID 28681 Job Function Facilities/Maintenance Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Diagnostic Medical Physicist III reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Leads and supervises the daily performance of staff engineers.
- Performs preventative maintenance and urgent, corrective, and routine repairs in electrical, mechanical and HVAC equipment.
- Assists Chief Engineer in matters of performance reviews and discipline.
- Lead Engineer shall assist the Chief Engineer in maintaining an effective organization, administering monetary controls, budget development, planning, training of personnel in their general and specific duties, safety, and effective management.
- Supervises staff engineers in the Engineering Department.
- Provides monitoring, coaching, and evaluation of team members' performance, especially in the areas of productivity and quality management.
- Serves as a positive role model for team members by working with them to promote teamwork and cooperation both within the department and across departments.
- Assists with coordinating services, prioritizing assignments and workflow, and promoting situational decision making/problem solving.
- Performs responsibilities of a Facilities Engineer.
- Takes responsibility for, or provides guidance to team members on, the handling of complex or novel issues.
- 7 years of relevant building maintenance and repair experience, including high pressure steam boilers and refrigeration/electrical/automation systems
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills and knowledge
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid state driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Current auto insurance
- Licensed as a Stationary Engineer (SE) or equivalent
- Level 3 EPA Refrigeration certification
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Registered Nurse- PH Perinatal, Casual, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Oncology -Sg4 North - Part-Time, Days - Sign On-Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time Days - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time, Days, - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs