Lactation Consultant RN- Huntley, In-House Registry, RotatingLocation Huntley, Illinois Business Unit Huntley Hospital Job REQID 64433 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- Annual Employee Incentive Bonus
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $5,250 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year
The Lactation Consultant RNreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- A clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who participates and assists in evaluating and improving nursing care of breast-feeding patients.
- Consults with nursing, medical staff and other disciplines to achieve this goal.
- Teaches and demonstrates specific nursing care techniques related to the breast-feeding patient.
- Assists in the development of nursing care procedures for the breast-feeding patient.
- Effectively interacts with patient, significant others, and other health team members, while maintaining ANA standards of professional nursing practice.
- Assessment - collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Diagnosis - analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues.
- Outcomes Identification - identifies expected outcomes for plan individualized to the patient or situation.
- Planning - develops a plan that prescribes strategies or alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
- Implementation - implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery and employs education strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Evaluation - evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Collaboration - Collaborates with patient, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Creates a documented plan, focused on outcomes and decisions related to the care and delivery of services that indicates communications with patients, families, and others.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services when choosing practice options that would result in the same expected outcome.
- Integrates research findings into practice. Utilizes the best available evidence, including research findings to guide practice decisions
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois
- CPR - Basic Life Support
- Certification by the International Board of Lactation Consultants (IBCLC)
- Current experience (within past five years) or new nursing graduate (within past two years)
- One year experience in pertinent clinical specialty
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs