Imaging Assistant- Huntley, Casual, RotatingLocation Huntley, Illinois Business Unit Huntley Hospital Job REQID 59535 Job Function Administrative Support Shift Rotating Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 16.5 Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Imaging Assistantreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for coordinating clerical services for all of imaging services.
- Coordinates locating all pertinent internal and external previous films and combining with current x-ray folder.
- Scans in prior images for all modalities on PACS system.
- Works closely with the Radiologists on transmitting timely results to physicians.
- Locates all pertinent comparison films from internal and external sources and combines and scans with current x-ray jacket. Returns outside films
- Prepares imaging films for radiologist’s interpretation
- Sends computer-generated standardized results to physician offices and nursing units.
- Screens telephone calls and notifies appropriate personnel. Pulls any files necessary to assist in the call.
- Handles requests for copies and collects fees when necessary. Burns CD images from PACS system.
- Works with medical records to insure proper HIPAA compliance on release of images and reports.
- Runs daily computer reports.
- Print schedules for next day and looks up patient's previous exams.
- Assembles films with permanent x-ray folders.
- Makes new folders and insert jackets as needed logging all necessary information.
- Handles subpoena cases for risk management department
- High School diploma or equivalent
- CPR – Basic Life Support (required within six months)
- Medical office experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs