Environmental Service Project Technician - Environmental Services, Full-time, DaysLocation Huntley, Illinois Business Unit Huntley Hospital Job REQID 12421 Job Function Housekeeping Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The EVS Project Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- To ensure the hospital is clean and sanitized utilizing proper infection control and health department standards.
- Cleans and sanitizes patient rooms, public areas and office areas.
- Cleans and sanitizes assigned areas utilizing proper infection control procedures.
- Demonstrates proper knowledge and utilization of cleaning supplies, chemicals and equipment.
- Performs a variety of cleaning procedures including, vacuuming carpets, dry/wet mopping of hard surface floors, emptying trash, spot cleaning windows, high/low dusting (partitions, window sills, picture frames, tops of cabinets, HVAC supply and return vents), cleaning of phones and top of desk.
- Notifies supervisor of any mechanical, physical or safety irregularities in their area. I.e. torn carpet, missing tile, burnt out lights, holes in walls, leaking plumbing fixtures, stained carpet, etc.
- Replace needle collection containers whens full.
- Assures cleaning cart is adequately supplied with paper goods and cleaners.
- Maintains cleanliness of cleaning cart and equipment.
- Monitors the operations of equipment and reports any repairs and or malfunctions.
- Assures the proper operation of the vacuum.
- Checks cord for tears or breaks, assures brush and head is spinning and not worn, replaces bag when full and sanitizes vacuum prior to end of shift.
- Performs high dusting.
- Sanitizes all mirrors and stainless steel, sinks, toilets (inside and out) in restroom with hospital approved quaternary disinfectant.
- Uses bowl cleaner as instructed on any surfaces with hard water stains.
- Replenishes paper products, hand soap, and body wash as required.
- Wipes down shower walls with disinfectant.
- Empties trash, sanitizes container and places new liners in containers.
- Dry mop floor removing any collected debris and then wet mop floor with approved sanitizing agent.
- Participates in patient room moves as required and directed by Nursing, using dollies, carts and hand trucks, relocates beds, patient therapy equipment and other mics patient room furniture.
- Participates in departmental furniture moves as required.
- Using carts, dollies and hand trucks, relocates typical office furniture such as desks, credenzas, chairs, file cabinets, book cases, refrigerators, copiers, etc.
- Moves and collects as needed: soiled linen carts, clean linen carts, soils waste, HIPAA waste, biomedical waste and recycled waste.
- Assist in meeting rooms set-ups as required by departments.
- Provides tables, chairs and pipe and drapes room divider if required.
- Sets up prior to and tears them down after meetings.
- Responsible for stripping and waxing floors using approved methods/techniques observing appropriate safety precautions.
- Extracts carpets or upholstered furniture with electric carpet extractor.
- Burnishes/polishes finished floors with high speed buffer.
- Deep cleans hard surface floors with auto scrubber or rotor polisher.
- Washing walls and cleaning ceiling tiles or florescent light lenses.
- Cleans thresholds or elevator cabins.
- Window washing.
- Isolation/terminal cleanings.
- Demonstrates proper infection control procedures when distributing clean and collecting, soiled linen.
- Maintains adequate par levels of clean linen in the linen room and closets on patient wings.
- Inventories clean linen for necessary replenishment from Superior Health Linens.
- Replaces cubicle curtains as required.
- Distributes reusable blue nylon bags to chute rooms, gyms or locker rooms as required.
- High School or Equivalent (GED)
- 3-4 years of experience required if no education experience
- Basic skill set
- Ability to read, write and understand English language, and communicate effectively with patients, visitors and staff while performing assigned duties
- The ability to follow oral and written instructions, and work independently
- The ability in interface with a variety of people and provide the highest level of customer service
- The ability to work independently
- Performs task that which involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, but may perform unplanned task that include exposure too blood, and body fluids.
- Physical Activity:
- Lift and carry 10 to 50 lbs.
- Push/ Pull 50-300 lbs. (pushing electric vacuum and cleaning cart).
- Squat/ bend/kneel
- Walk/move about
- Reach overhead
- Moving/lifting office furniture/equipment 50 lbs. (individual)
- Moving/lifting office furniture /equipment 150-300 lbs. (with additional assistance)
- Pushing heavy wheeled/carted equipment up to 300lbs. (with assistance when needed)
- Working Conditions:
- Works in an environment where associate must observe appropriate infection control due to the nature of various illness and diseases that out patients may have.
- Handles all waste using universal precautions, assures that needles are never handle and that needle collection containers are removed from service when full.
- Handles heavy duty floor equipment daily.
- Must assure proper safety practices to assure safety of operations and all those around.
- Knowledge of infection control procedures and /or sanitation procedures
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Scribe - Ophthalmology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Patient Liaison - OBGYN Oncology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - Delnor Ortho/Oncology Med/Surgical, Part Time, Days - $1,000 Sign on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
- EVS Technician/Housekeeper - Kish Environmental Services, Summer Help DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs