Emergency Dept Tech- Huntley Full-Time DaysLocation Huntley, Illinois Business Unit Huntley Hospital Job REQID 81589 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Emergency Department Technician NWR position reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Paramedic provides patient care within a defined scope of practice that includes patient care, monitoring and observation, specified treatments and procedures; provision of environmental and personal safety and effective communication.
- This position demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to assess patients in all age groups; demonstrates ability to provide patient care based on each patient’s age appropriate needs.
- Identifies, reports, provides care and documents patient problems in collaboration with the physicians, nurses, and the technical staff.
- This position demonstrates effective communication skills with patients, their families, physicians, and other healthcare team members.
- This position demonstrates the ability to transport patients safely, utilizing transport devices appropriately.
- This position assists the Emergency physicians, nurses, and technical staff in providing appropriate patient education both including the use of appropriate educational materials.
- This position demonstrates the ability to access the hospital and Emergency Department information systems in order to provide efficient service to physicians, nurses, and technologists.
- Maintains personal growth and development through mandatory in-services, meetings, Skills Days, and other educational opportunities
- Supports the organizational requirement of Bedside Reporting and Hourly Rounding.
- The position demonstrates flexibility regarding changes in role responsibilities during possible interruptions in the Emergency setting. Demonstrates the ability to multitask efficiently and continue to provide high quality service to patients, including and especially during high volume times.
- Maintains a current certification or licensure by meeting specific state requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) certificate or current Illinois EMT-B/P license or CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) with 5+ years of experience. For the EMT-B/P license requirement, an individual who holds a currently valid EMT certification from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians and has applied for Illinois EMT-B/P at the time of hire will have three months to complete the Illinois licensure.
- High School Diploma or GED
- ACLS certification
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs