Echo Tech II-Huntley Cardiology Part-Time RotatingLocation Huntley, Illinois Business Unit Huntley Hospital Job REQID 80318 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Echo Tech II reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The adult-registered echocardiography technologist performs adult inpatient and outpatient echocardiography procedures, transesophageal echo (TEE), stress echocardiograms (exercise/pharmacological) and Doppler flow analysis as ordered by a physician. This role also assists with other clinical tests such as exercise stress testing as requested. The echocardiography laboratory performs all aspects of cardiac ultrasound imaging -transthoracic, transesophageal, and stress.
- Provides direct patient care to patients of all ages.
- Contributes to the effective daily operation of the Echocardiography lab including interactions with echo students, physicians, and other medical professionals.
- Schedules, prepares, administers, and reports interpretations of echocardiograms, M-mode, 2D/3D imaging, Doppler, color flow mapping, contrast studies, transesophageal imaging, stress echo and assists cardiologists.
- Advises cardiologist of results of examination and provides preliminary diagnostic evaluation.
- All functions of this role shall be performed within the guidelines of the department, ICAEL, and hospital policies.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- On a rotating basis, is responsible for assigned on-call duties.
- Hospital based Doppler echocardiography, stress echo, and transesophageal echocardiography experience
- Must demonstrate 1 year imaging skills
- Active ARDMS Echo registry status.
- Graduate from accredited cardiac ultrasound program
- Computer application aptitude, medical equipment touchpads, obtaining blood pressures
- Must be flexible to scheduling changes including scheduled overtime
- Associates Degree with one year relevant experience or graduate from accredited cardiac ultrasound program
- CERT BLS, REG ARDMS
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs