Clinical Practice Specialist Nurse - Short Stay and Float Pool Huntley, Full-time, DayLocation Huntley, Illinois Business Unit Huntley Hospital Job REQID 37722 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Clinical Practice Specialist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Clinical Practice Specialist leads efforts to ensure quality clinical practice and professional development for the front-line in the Short Stay and Float Pool units at Huntley Hospital.
- Develops and implements education opportunities for staff identified through needs assessments, departmental and system goals and new/expanded clinical programs.
- Supports staff to seek/maintain specialty certification including monitoring progress and completion.
- Participates in review of unit/division dashboard through LDOC and assesses for opportunities to improve in quality and practice areas; develops corresponding action as needed with key unit/division stakeholders.
- Monitors & trends quality report data with operational manager for clinical quality/safety issues and develops associated action plans as needed.
- Leads/facilitates inter-professional teams for unit/division based and house-wide clinical process improvement.
Culture of Safety:
- Plans, implements, evaluates division specific learning activities to improve safety (i.e. simulations with support of Professional Practice and Development team members.
- Unit-based clinical policy and procedure review/updating.
- Provides input into staff evaluations as related to clinical competence (quality and practice).
- Rounds on unit with intention of coaching and mentoring.
- Identifies gaps in staff knowledge/skills and remediates.
- Participates in Staff RN Peer Review process.
Evidence-based Practice / Research:
- Identify opportunities/mentor/implement EBP projects, including unit/division order sets and practice guidelines.
- Identify, mentor and/or participate in nursing or inter-professional clinical research projects.
- Assist in interpreting research findings and developing strategies for implementation of results into evidenced based clinical practice guidelines.
- Attend Unit Based Staff Meetings.
- Attend Unit Based Shared Leadership meeting (POC) and Clinical Nurse Leadership Council (CNLC).
- Attend Unit Leadership (LDOC) Meetings.
- Off-unit committee/project team participation as appropriate.
- New product evaluation to make recommendations to value-based purchasing committee.
- Make recommendations for improvements in clinical efficiency in partnership with operational manager.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Leads content review/revision for unit based orientation annually.
- Actively Participates in new employee orientation (PCS Orientation and unit based orientation).
- Participates in monitoring new hire goal progress and in touch points/check-ins.
- Utilizes internal / external resources to develop and implement unit’s annual competency and annual education plan and maintains record of completion.
- Collaborates with unit manager to evaluate, on an ongoing basis, progress towards staff completion of education plan.
- Provide informal unit-based education based on unit learning needs assessment.
- Provides formal classroom instruction and skills assessments including competency assessment.
- Enhances educational offerings by incorporating components of NM Toolkit (Safety, Service, and Leadership), NMI Diversity and Inclusion Resources and NM Values in Action into content as appropriate.
- Maintains visibility on all shifts and serves as resource to off-shift staff.
- Communicates efficiently and effectively role modeling using critical-thinking skills and problem-solving skills.
- Includes a focus on “just in time” teaching at the bedside.
- Advocates for patients, families, nursing staff and other members of the healthcare community.
- Assumes a leadership role in professional activities and organizations.
- Serves as a patient advocate and role models clinical practice that reflects "Patients First" philosophy.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures in clinical area of expertise to establish standards for nursing practice.
- Participates in department and hospital committees and task forces to facilitate changes and develop processes to improve patient care utilizing evidenced based practice guidelines.
- Consults with nursing and hospital leadership (management) in the identification, evaluation and problem solving of clinical system and process issues.
- Collaborates with NM leadership teams to develop, implement and evaluate strategic plans for quality improvement initiatives.
- Collaborates with physicians to lead changes in clinical practice.
- Collaborates with leaders in academic, political and financial institutions to promote health care reform.
- Serves as a consultant to the department of nursing in developing strategies for advancing nursing practice and leadership opportunities for nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Masters in Science in Nursing or to obtain within 4 years of assuming role
- Registered Nursing license issued by the State of Illinois
- Certified in related clinical area or to obtain when eligible
- 3-5 years’ experience in specific clinical area
- BLS through American Heart Association
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- New Grad RN - Northwestern Medicine Kishwaukee Hospital DeKalb, Illinois
- Pharmacy Practice Coordinator - Drug Information, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Housekeeper - Central DuPage Hospital, Full-time, Days, $$3,000.00 Sign-On Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Transporter, CDH, Full-time, Rotating Shifts, $$3,000.00 Sign-On Bonus Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs