Certified Medical Assistant- Primary Care Huntley Casual DaysLocation Huntley, Illinois Business Unit Regional Medical Group Job REQID 61860 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Casual position located at the Huntley clinic for Primary Care (includes Internal Medicine and Pediatrics) specialty. This position is as needed for coverage of vacation and sick leave. Office operations are Monday through Saturday in which Monday through Friday is an 8 hour shift and Saturday's are half days, 8a-12p.**
The Certified Medical Assistant reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) is a multi-skilled worker who assumes a wide range of clinical and administrative roles within the physician office setting. Under the supervision of a Physician and/or the direction of a licensed nurse, the CMA provides direct and indirect patient care, performs laboratory and other testing, and may assist with clerical functions.
The CMA serves as a key team player when interacting and communicating with patients and/or clinical staff in the ambulatory care environment.
- Under the supervision of healthcare provider, assists with performing patient treatments.
- Performs basic diagnostic procedures and specimen collection.
- Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition.
- Documents patient care given.
- Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning, and troubleshooting.
- Maintains examination area.
- May perform administrative or clerical duties as assigned, including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry, billing, and patient registration.
- Candidate must have written proof of meeting candidate eligibility requirements for writing one of the five eligible certification exams (AAMA, AMT, NCCT, NHA, NRCMA)
- Accepted documentation:
- New MA Graduates within 6 months from date of graduation from an MA Program must submit: a letter from the school or a letter from the certifying body
- Non-Certified MAs or new graduates past 6 months from date of graduation from an MA program must submit: a letter from the certifying body
- Accepted documentation:
- Within first six months of employment, will complete one of the following certifications after up to two test attempts:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) through American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through American Medical Technologists (AMT) or
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) through the National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
- High school diploma or GED.
- American Heart Association accredited Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) certification.
- Signed acknowledgement during onboarding that certification must be attained within 6months, as a condition of employment
- Strong computer skills.
- Completion of accredited Medical Assistant training program.
- One to two years of ambulatory care experience.
- Experience with electronic medical record.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing OpportunitiesSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More