Client Office Phlebotomist-Part-time Days KDLocation Hoffman Estates, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 63034 Job Function Laboratory Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay Starting at: $16.51 + per hour based on experience
***This is a part-time, 20 hours per week position located at a client office site in Hoffman Estates. Must be able to work Monday through Friday 6am - 10am.***
The Phlebotomist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Phlebotomist provides expert phlebotomy services and must demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills. The phlebotomist must have the ability to function as part of a highly effective team that consistently puts “Patients First”.
The Phlebotomist is responsible for venipuncture collection and specimen processing. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to order entry in multiple systems, verification of test result receipt, patient information retrieval and lab reception/clerical duties and functions.
- Performs phlebotomy and other lab specimen collections per age related standards and in accordance with departmental policies, protocols and procedures.
- Demonstrates AIDET model and optimizes patient safety to reduce the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Receives and reviews physician orders; ensures that all necessary information is included for appropriate lab services. Enters accurate orders for lab tests in accordance with department policies, protocols and procedures.
- patient communication model and provides appropriate post-phlebotomy patient care.
- Processes specimens in a timely manner to ensure stability and integrity of samples including: labeling, centrifuging, aliquoting, freezing and packaging specimens for transport in accordance with established protocols and policies.
- Reviews/Records refrigerator temperature(s) and QC/QA records. Areas of concern are recorded through the Corrective Action Log and reported to maintenance for repair. Findings are reported to supervisor or manager.
- Understands the operation and maintenance of equipment pertinent to the job. Follows up with all outstanding orders on manifest log, and communicates all timed, completed or uncompleted draws/charges/results as appropriate
- Communicates and notifies Laboratory and/or Physician of problems with specimen procurement for optimal care
- Maintains a safe work environment, holds self-accountable for safe work practices; including adhering to biohazard waste procedures and ensuring proper storage and timely pickup of biohazardous waste.
- Performs lab-related clerical duties include but not limited to order entry, verification of test result receipt, patient information retrieval as well as utilization of email, medical record systems, handheld and desktop devices, ordering and maintaining supply inventory, filing and sanitizing equipment as necessary
- Uses department’s resources efficiently; participates in efforts to reduce costs and streamline work processes.
- Adheres to continuing education expectations; completes and signs-off on competency assessments
- Demonstrates the value of teamwork on a consistent basis; interacts with and assists others in a professional manner
- Applies critical thinking, sound decision making and judgment to investigate and resolve challenging situations
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent.
Phlebotomy certification through a nationally recognized organization or training from a phlebotomy school or medical institution or one or more years of phlebotomy experience in a healthcare setting or CMA certification.
Experience performing phlebotomy on a broad range of patient’s types.
Experience with processing lab specimens, transferring specimens, and handling a centrifuge.
Familiar with medical EMR systems.
Knowledge of medical terminology.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs