Ultrasonographer - Ultrasound, Casual, DaysLocation Grayslake, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 3186 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Casual position located at the Grayslake Outpatient facility. Schedule is as follows: Every other Wednesday and Friday, 11:30a-8p with every other Saturday, 8a-4:30p. On call and holiday on call rotation required.**
The Ultrasonographer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Ensures all exams are ordered correctly in HIS/RIS, charged and tracked accurately.
- Communicates with patient before procedure, explains risks and what can be expected; communicates during procedure to monitor safety and comfort.
- Obtains complete patient history for radiologist to assist in rendering results.
- Enters data such as type of scan, selects proper transducer and techniques.
- Conducts scan according to set protocol per organ or anatomical site; accurately annotates images.
- Views images on video display screen to ensure quality of pictures; reviews scan with radiologist prior to releasing patient as necessary.
- Prepares images and compiles study for radiologist relaying all appropriate information.
- Assists and accurately sets up for amniocentesis, aspiration and biopsies by performing preliminary studies to locate appropriate entry site and provide needle direction guidance.
- Calls referring physician for "wet readings" after reviewing the images with a radiologist.
- Performs clerical tasks such as receiving orders, scheduling patients, and recordkeeping.
- Maintains and cleans work area and equipment.
- Replenishes supplies and stocks rooms as needed.
- 2 to 3 years of undergraduate education or equivalent.
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
- BLS through American Heart Association.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Medical/Surgical Intermediate, Full-time, Nights, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Medical/Surgical Unit, Part-time, Days, $1,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical/Surgical Intermediate, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical/Surgical Intermediate, Full-time, Nights, $3,000 Sign-on Bonus, Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs