Ophthalmic Assistant - Ophthalmology, Full Time, DaysLocation Grayslake, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 22338 Job Function General Healthcare Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Full Time position at 40hrs per week located at the Grayslake Outpatient facility. Schedule is Monday through Friday, 8a-5p with the possibility of casual rotating Saturdays 8a-12p.**
The Ophthalmic Assistant reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Interviews patients and documents histories.
- Performs technical workups, patient histories and special testing (Refractions w/ retinoscopy, Lensometry, Keratometry, Tonometry, Visual Fields, Amslers, Muscle Testing, Pupil Exams, Topography, OCT, IOL Master / Ascans, Fundus Photos).
- Assists the physician with patient care, minor surgery, scribes.
- Communicates with patients (follow-up care, surgeries, procedures, changes in schedule, symptoms, surgery scheduling, etc.), returns phone calls (patients, pharmacies).
- Maintains and cleans equipment, reports equipment deficiencies to management.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Basic Life Support (American Heart Association) certification.
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant certification within one year of hire date (applicants who have obtained a Doctor of Medicine degree are exempt from the COA requirement).
- Zero (0) to two (2) years of experience in a relevant role.
- Two years of related experience (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Surgical assistance experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Cardiac Tech - Cardiac Lab, Casual, Days DeKalb, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse Intermediate Float - CDH Resource Team, Full-time, Nights $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Services Rep - Residency Clinic Woodstock, Full-time, Days Woodstock, Illinois
- Certified Surgical Tech - Operating Room, Part-time, Rotating Shifts DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs