Clinical Coordinator (Emergency Services) Full Time Days, GrayslakeLocation Grayslake, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 32405 Job Function Nursing Coordinator Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Clinical Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Facilitates unit operations on a shift basis according to policy, procedure, and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates unit based staffing assignments on a shift basis to achieve high quality and cost effective care.
- Directs patient care provided by staff nurses and support personnel for a specific shift.
- Champions new initiatives and helps in unit/departmental or hospital wide committees/task forces.
- Communicates directly with patients and significant others about nursing care.
- Implements appropriate action plans to provide safe, quality, and efficient care.
- Assures safety and security of patients, significant others, and staff.
- In collaboration with the unit manager, contributes to the development of process improvement opportunities and initiatives.
- Utilizes unit/department dashboard and partners with leadership in leading activities that ensure meeting of targeted goals.
- Assures regulatory compliance of all activities.
- Assists with data interpretations and analysis.
- Provides direct patient care as needed.
- Demonstrates clinical proficiency according to unit specialty.
- Implements appropriate actions to respond to needs of patients, significant others and staff.
- Demonstrates patient first and cost effective approach to patient care in terms of equipment, staff, supplies and all other resources.
- Assures that quality improvement activities are completed for the assigned shift.
- Assesses and intervenes in critical situations involving patients, staff, and visitors and consults with manager or administrator for guidance as needed.
- Participates in peer review by providing feedback, coaching and participating in crucial conversations
- Exemplifies a professional image in appearance, manner, and presentation.
- Is an advocate for patients and their significant others, coworkers, the community, the nursing profession, and the organization.
- Consistently demonstrates accountability for his/her professional practice.
- Consistently demonstrates compassion to internal and external customers.
- Dynamic representative of the nursing profession in internal and external forums.
- Integrates theoretical knowledge base and clinical expertise in decision making.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting regulatory and other mandatory requirements.
- Assumes responsibility for personal development plan and education/certification related to clinical specialty area.
- Acts in accordance with organizational culture; understands how own work team affects others in the organization and knows when to escalate an issue, problem, or decision.
- Ensures that the environment is clean, attractive, safe and free from hazards for patients, staff and visitors in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes patterns of daily activities and recommends operational/program changes as needed.
- Anticipates staffing needs for subsequent shifts and makes necessary arrangements for coverage.
- Coordinates unit based staff assignments on a shift basis taking into consideration different factors (i.e., staff experience mix and patient acuity, etc.) to achieve high quality and cost effective care.
- Assumes responsibility for efficient and effective use of time and effort of all staff.
- Facilitates effective interdepartmental communication of incidents with appropriate personnel (manager, administrator, medical staff, etc.).
- Promotes philosophy and annual implementation plan objectives of Northwestern Medicine.
- Provides a milieu conducive to communication and cooperation among patients, staff and visitors.
- Identifies and communicates key issues and trends to manager and makes recommendations for improvement on an ongoing basis.
- Provides input to manager on budgetary issues, particularly staffing and cost containment strategies.
- Establishes relationships across departments to optimize patient care and throughput.
- Performs nurse leader rounding.
- Empowers staff to utilize organizational resources to assist in service recovery
- Assesses and communicates staff development needs to manager.
- Orients staff new to the Clinical Coordinator role.
- Serves as a resource for staff.
- Clinical coaching of staff leads to exceptional patient outcomes.
- Contributes to unit orientation.
- Fosters a mentoring culture.
- Evidence Based Practice:
- Provides leadership in advancing practice through evidence based care and participates in clinical research.
- Participates in the Practice Operations Council.
- Registered Nursing license issued by the State of Illinois
- Bachelor of Science Nursing
- BLS through American Heart Association
- Minimum of two years clinical experience in area of clinical specialty
- Specialty certification in the clinical area of focus
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Registered Nurse- PH Perinatal, Casual, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Oncology -Sg4 North - Part-Time, Days - Sign On-Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time Days - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time, Days, - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs