Mammographer - Imaging, Part Time, DaysLocation Glenview, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 37281 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Part Time position at 24hrs per week located at the Glenview Outpatient facility. Schedule is as follows: Every Monday and Thursday & every other Tuesday and Saturday from 7:30a-4p.**
The Mammographer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Ensures all exams are ordered correctly in HIS/RIS, charged and tracked accurately.
- Communicates with patient before procedure to obtain history, explain risks and what can be expected; communicates during procedure to monitor safety, and comfort.
- Positions patient to achieve optimal image quality.
- Selects data such as anatomical area and sets proper technique to ensure optimal image quality.
- Views images on display screen to ensure quality of images for interpretation. Performs screening mammography exams.
- Performs exams to include diagnostic mammography, needle localization and core biopsies.
- Performs bone density exams to include setting baseline, analysis of study, and general management of bone density exam file.
- Prepares images and compiles study for radiologist relaying all appropriate information.
- Performs mammography quality control procedures; maintains records.
- Maintains and cleans work area and equipment.
- Replenishes supplies and stocks rooms as needed.
- Assists in the reception area.
- Performs department assessment (Joint Commission survey) when assigned, alerting the Lead Tech of any areas requiring immediate attention.
- Updates and organizes patients' report folders when performing diagnostic procedures to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- ARRT Registry in Mammography, IEMA.
- 40 hours of advanced training in an MQSA approved program with 50 supervised exams in mammography.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent.
- BLS through American Heart Association.
- Bachelor's Degree.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Certified Medical Assistant - COVID Tent, Weekend Casual, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Cardiac Transplant Intensive Care Unit, Full-time, Nights Chicago, Illinois
- Certified Medical Assistant - COVID Tent, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- ICU RN, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign On Bonus DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs