RN Diabetic Patient EducatorLocation Glen Ellyn, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 23486 Job Function Patient Education Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Patient Educator RN reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provides diabetes and nutrition education to patients, staff, and the community.
- Develops and provides individualized diabetes and nutrition education to patients and their families/caregivers.
- Assesses patient understanding and cooperation with integrating nutritional planning into the patient's lifestyle. Modifies plans to promote success.
- Collaborates with the healthcare team to integrate nutrition therapy into the management of diabetic patients' care.
- Develops and implements educational activities for staff and the community.
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Dietetics, or related field and 2 years of relevant experience in Nursing or Dietetics
- In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, may have an Associate’s degree and minimum of 4 years of experience in Nursing or Dietetics
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Assistant - Internal Medicine, Full-time, Days *$2,000 Sign-on Bonus* Chicago, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Transitional Care, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Infusion, Part-time (24 hrs/wk), Days Chicago, Illinois
- Case Manager - Pre-Admissions Testing, Huntley, Full-time, Days Huntley, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs