Transporter-Delnor, Casual, Rotating, $200.00 Sign-On BonusLocation Geneva, Illinois Business Unit Delnor Hospital Job REQID 80790 Job Function Patient Support Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Transporter reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Transporter is responsible for safe and efficient patient transport to and from inpatient areas and outpatient areas. This position is also responsible for cleaning and distribution of equipment used by patient care areas.
$200.00 Sign-On Bonus
Internal employees and rehires are not eligible for the Sign-On Bonus
Flexible schedule required and rotating weekends is required
"Casual" means not hours per week are guaranteed.
- Completes patient transports within set standards of the department.
- Performs both patient transport and works in the Equipment Processing Distribution Department in picking up soiled equipment, cleaning equipment per standards and delivering equipment to user areas within department standard.
- Ensures that all equipment is functional and in good working order including current Clinical Engineering (CE) tags.
- Delivers any non-functional equipment to the CE department. Ensures that any equipment that requires battery charging is charged during storage.
- Advises Patient Care Services when transporting patients from the unit and for all discharges. Performs accurate and timely documentation of patient movements when leaving and returning patients to units. Notifies nurse who is responsible for the patient prior to any transports.
- Obtains Ticket to Ride and transports with patient.
- Ensures all assigned equipment is kept clean and well maintained.
- Transports patients or guests safely while using appropriate equipment, lift techniques and departmental safety measures to ensure patient safety.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment used in a transport of a patient. Adheres to all PPE policies and knows the proper handling of chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing. Follows established infection control and isolation guidelines.
- If providing transport upon admission, gives overview of the patient room to the patient and / or family. This includes but is not limited to explanation of contents of the room, where to store their personal items, how to use bed controls, how to turn the coach into a bed, number for room service etc.
- Assists patient care areas with lifts requiring 2 people or more. Has knowledge of how to utilize hospital lift devices, including maxi slides.
- Monitors and delivers transport equipment such as wheelchairs to entrances and nursing units to ensure PAR levels are maintained.
- Responds to code procedures as determined by hospital location.
- Assists in Cadence Health Fall Prevention initiative when bringing a patient back to his/her room and completing the following: positioning patient correcting in bed or chair, bed rails up if needed, ensuring everything is in arm's reach (ie over the bed table, call light, trash can, etc), no cords on floor, and bed alarm hooked back up.
- Effectively communicates with the call center dispatch with all transport delays or cancellations. Reports immediately to the call center upon completion of the transport.
- May assist with removing trash and linen from patient rooms upon discharge.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- CPR – Basic Life Support within 90 days of hire
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs