Simulation Operations Specialist - Simulation Lab, Casual, DaysLocation Geneva, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 92464 Job Function Administrative Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Simulation Operations Specialist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position is considered a "casual" position and will only be scheduled 2 days a week (16 hours/week). This is a great opportunity for a student, especially those with audio/visual experience!
- Provide support in establishing and achieving simulation based education that aligns with strategic organizational goals. This includes technical support for all simulation operations, and repair of patient simulators (software and hardware), task trainers, and related multimedia peripherals as well as software programming of scenarios.
- Provide technical support for all simulation operations, including preparation, maintenance and repair of patient simulators (software and hardware), task trainers and related multimedia peripherals.
- Support the development and implementation of simulation based education.
- Serve as simulator operator by testing and running scenarios together with simulation facilitators.
- Support the use of digital media and provide technical support for computer-based multimedia systems and their components.
- Program simulator software with clinical scenario parameters.
- Ensure appropriate set up & breakdown/clean up (moulage, staging) of simulation environment, equipment, and supplies
- Role play in simulated scenarios as necessary.
- Conduct inventory and maintain supplies, media, materials related to simulation and equipment at an adequate level as budget allows in an organized manner.
- Ensure simulation equipment functionality, security, and safety and/or appropriately troubleshoots, removes, disposes, or repairs equipment.
- Recommend replacements or new purchases of simulation related equipment or supplies to Director.
- Train Simulation Facilitators and other simulation users in the operational/technical aspects of simulation.
- Schedule simulation experiences.
- Maintain safe, organized and efficient simulation center(s).
- Interface with the equipment manufacturers regarding equipment operation, troubleshooting and system problems; maintain record of repairs and updates.
- Maintain proficiency in existing and emerging quality, safety and simulation technologies
- Assure compliance with program policies and procedures.
- Assists with the development of communication tools related to simulation (i.e. newsletter, corridors, and team site).
- Collect and coordinate data in support of simulation activities.
- Maintain data confidentiality and security.
- Assist or provide visitor and guided tours.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or bachelor’s in progress with completion within three years of assuming role
- Two years of experience in a healthcare simulation
- Proficiency in the use of audio/visual equipment
- Proficiency with PC and MAC applications including Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Standard medical equipment (such as IV pumps, ventilators, hospital beds)
- Installation, configuration, operation and troubleshooting of patient simulators.
- North Region Only: Valid government-issued driver’s license
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist
- Working knowledge and operations of medical simulation technologies & devices (such as Laerdal, Gaumard, CAE, KBPort, AV systems)
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing CareersSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More