Perioperative Care Tech Full Time DaysLocation Geneva, Illinois Business Unit Delnor Hospital Job REQID 82161 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
A Perioperative Care Technician reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This role is a clinically competent Perioperative Care Technician who works under the supervision of the RN in delivering skilled and effective direct and indirect perioperative care and all related functions.
- Utilizes initiative, strives to maintain steady level of productivity.
- Assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment.
- Participates in the departments continuous quality improvement and activities.
- Demonstrates I-CARE values (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence) in daily work and interactions.
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Provides accurate information and timely updates to patients and customers.
- Addresses questions and concerns promptly, or identifies appropriate person and resources to do so.
- Provides directions or help to patients and customers with finding their way.
- Uses effective service recovery skills to solve problems or service breakdowns when they occur.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments.
- Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, acknowledges the assistance and contributions of others.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work processes, improve and grow services we provide.
- Seeks to improve the effectiveness of communication and interactions with others.
- Collaborates with the RN to assist in addressing patient safety and legal issues.
- Clarifies with the RN any special procedures or observations necessary.
- Communicates patients' progress toward desired outcomes and diagnostic results to RN as appropriate.
- Reports consistently patient data in a concise and thorough manner.
- Communicates/collaborates with care team members to provide coordinated, safe and compassionate care for patients.
- Demonstrates use of key words and behaviors, AIDET and rounding techniques to achieve excellent patient satisfaction.
- Demonstrates support and awareness of daily schedule by expediting on time starts and efficient progression of patients through perioperative services.
- Documents patient care activities and patient data accurately using appropriate documentation forms and or information systems.
- Performs required clinical skills in a timely efficient manor per protocol, such as: vital sign measurement, aseptic technique, non-invasive specimen collection, hot and cold applications, simple respiratory therapy, post mortem care. Also includes: application of teds/pneumatic teds, clipping, preparation of IV's, restocking of unit, ambulation and toileting of patients, and maintaining a neat and orderly appearance of the unit.
- Completes assigned patient duties within the time frame established by the registered nurse.
- Gathers data necessary for planning the care of patients to include intake, output, and vital signs.
- Assists with admission, orientation of patient and family to room, discharge and transporting of patients.
- Observes patients carefully for significant changes.
- Assists in the delivery of direct patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and receives written and/or oral assignments and direction.
- Maintains Education Record and participates in annual competencies.
- Identifies own strengths and weaknesses, learning needs and goals. Develops a plan to address annual learning needs and goals.
- Demonstrates participation in continuing education activities.
- Partners with manager to create a plan to provide employee with the necessary skills to deliver up-to-date patient care.
- Provides Warm Open Welcome to all patients, visitors, and staff.
- Provides accurate information and timely updates to patients and other customers in a manner that shows genuine caring concern.
- Assists with house-wide and department-wide Quality Improvement activities.
- Reports on the unit within 5 minutes of official start time.
- Follows specific Perioperative dress code.
- Does not exceed the recommended amount of absences per NM guidelines.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Medical terminology, proficient in English, verbal and written communication skills.
- CERT BLS.
- Proficient in phlebotomy/blood draws/EKG/glucoscans.
- CERT Nursing Assistant.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs