Medical Staff Coordinator - Full time, DaysGeneva, Illinois Job REQID 8325 Job Function General Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Medical Staff Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Medical Staff Coordinator supports the elected officers of the hospital's medical staff, chief medical officer, and other medical staff leaders as assigned in accordance with the medical staff bylaws, policies, Joint Commission standards, and other regulatory requirements. The Medical Staff Coordinator works with the Medical Staff Administration Director, senior executives, and administrators in fulfilling required functions of medical staff, clinical fellows, advanced practice provider (APP), meetings, and special events. The Medical Staff Coordinator assists the Sr. Medical Staff Coordinator with various activities related to the medical staff appointment, reappointment, regulatory requirements, and NM medical staff and house standing meetings, annual events, and officer elections. The Medical Staff Coordinator collaborates with NM System and Strategic Development team to enhance practitioner data reporting with other NMHC systems.
- Oversees assigned credentialing and re-credentialing tasks including, but not limited to, requests for additional privileges, scanning of credential documents, FPPE, OPPE, and administrative review support for applications or reapplications.
- Resource for Medical Staff Services, directing inquiries often of a sensitive nature, from the general public, medical staff, hospital departments, and related third-party organizations. Identify, route, and escalate as appropriate.
- Accurately collect, record, and deposit medical staff dues and fees collected by the department; managing multiple medical staff accounts and transactions
- Facilitates the completion of clinical evaluations as part of medical staff department chairs' evaluation plan for all new practitioners; generating monthly reports according to local policy
- Assist with maintenance of provider onboarding, events, and communications of the medical and advanced practice provider staff. Implement off-boarding procedures for practitioners who have resigned or retired ensuring appropriate NMHC system updating.
- Monitors accuracy of required faculty appointments as applicable for medical staff and collaborates with academic and hospital leaders to facilitate advancement of, or inactivation of, medical staff membership/privileges. Generates monthly report of all medical staff status changes
- Represent Medical Staff Administration at assigned meetings and provide support as requested to various committees and forums, including but not limited to: general medical staff meetings, standing medical staff committees, and special events. Prepare electronic presentations and manage and support Medical Staff Officers specific roles as applicable for forum
- Generates suspension notices as required; documentation of confidential quality and peer review report card items, patient complaints related to practitioners, and other confidential actions of medical staff.
- Generates reports and other documents often of a confidential nature, including expirable items, according to local policy and Medical Staff Office procsses
- Participates in all accreditation and regulatory surveys.
- Collaborate with Administration for physician lounge activities, resource allocation, and physician engagement initiatives
- Generate Physician on-call Schedules with payments as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree OR in lieu of degree must have a minimum of 3 years of consecutive experience in medical staff services or credentials verification, healthcare administration, or payor/managed care enrollment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills (oral and written)
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist or Certified Professional Medical Staff Management
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Insurance Verification Representative - Durable Medical Equipment, Full-time, Days McHenry, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (KD) Palatine, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (SR) Carmel, Indiana
- Talent Acquisition Professional- Human Resources, Full-time, Days Warrenville, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs