Health Unit Coordinator - Delnor Ortho/Oncology Med/Surg unit, Full Time, EveningsLocation Geneva, Illinois Business Unit Delnor Hospital Job REQID 82458 Job Function Customer Service Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The schedule for this position is 8 hour shifts 4 - 5 days per week 2p - 10:30p with every other weekend required.
The Health Unit Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Health Unit Coordinator performs unit-based reception, clerical, medical record and patient registration functions. This position is capable of setting priorities and handling emergency situations in a calm manner.
The Coordinator is customer-oriented and able to communicate with all levels of staff and patients and their families. This role serves as liaison between patient care units and all other patient related departments. The Coordinator manages the overall unit workflow in concert with the charge RN and/or assistant manager.
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Provides accurate information and timely updates to patients and customers.
- Addresses questions and concerns promptly, or identifies appropriate person and resources to do so.
- Provides directions or help to patients and customers with finding their way.
- Uses effective service recovery skills to solve problems or service breakdowns when they occur.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments.
- Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, acknowledges the assistance and contributions of others.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work processes, improve and grow services we provide.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with other team members.
- Has respect for and understanding of other disciplines.
- Coordinates all work with the Manager and Charge Nurse.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Manager, Charge Nurse, co-workers and physicians.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Retrieves all lab results from computer and bring results to the attention of the nurse caring for the patient.
- Interacts professionally with patients/family and provides explanations and verbal reassurance as necessary.
- Prepares medical records for new admissions and disassembles the chart and forwards to Medical Records upon patient discharge.
- Maintains proper record assembly contents in chronological order behind tabs.
- Obtains necessary signatures and documents. Aware of Petition and Certificate process in regard to Involuntary Admissions.
- Transcribes accurately and clarifies handwritten, orders set physicians orders and clinical data. Enters and verifies orders in the computer to ensure timely and accurate delivery of medications, supplies, diagnostic/therapeutic tests/services.
- Seeks out and obtains learning opportunities.
- Participates in professional growth and development activities and shares knowledge from continuing education programs with co-workers.
- Demonstrates computer competence for order entry, results, documentation, policies, etc.
- Manages and operates equipment safety and correctly.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Demonstrates confidence and success with multiple, high level, time sensitive tasks.
- Answers telephone, monitors unit closed circuit camera, and intercom/door entry system in a polite manner and communicates information to the appropriate staff/family.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to successfully demonstrate the ability to prioritize and complete unit work quickly as the needs of the unit, patients, and staff change.
- Monitors patient's type in the computer against actual status and makes corrections when necessary.
- Performs pre-census and validates daily admission, discharge and census lists.
- Registers patient in the computer.
- Conducts telephone screenings (inquiry calls)in a fashion resulting in appropriate disposition based on the phone contact. Observes patient confidentiality rules and Release of Information data.
- Orders supplies and prints all forms used for patients charts.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and in writing.
- Ability to assess and determine situations requiring an interpreter and to use interpreter services effectively
- Excellent customer service skills
- One year of experience in pertinent clinical specialty
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs