EVS Tech Lead, Full-time, Night shift (Geneva,IL)Geneva, Illinois Job REQID 3482 Job Function Housekeeping Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The EVS Tech Lead reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Assists Manager in maintaining a high quality standard by keeping him/her informed on the condition of assigned areas and by training, supervising and motivating the Environmental Services personnel to be sure all schedules are completed.
- This position will also serve as backup to the Supervisor of EVS in the Supervisors absence.
- Accepts responsibility to a limited area, shift or tasks assigned.
- Continuously checks assigned areas to be sure work is being done properly and that personnel are following assigned work schedules. (when Supervisor not present).
- Reports any pertinent information to the Supervisor as it occurs.
- Instills a service-minded approach to all task performed by Environmental
- Services staff by demonstrating a personal enthusiasm and team spirit.
- Motivates staff by communicating areas done well and areas requiring improvement.
- Assists with training of Environmental Service personal as directed by Supervisor or Manager.
- Assures staff are inspecting equipment for proper operation daily and reporting equipment in need of repair.
- Maintains good public relations with all patients, facility and staff personnel.
- Answers day to day questions as they arise and pertain to general housekeeping.
- If working the PM Shift, leaves notes in operation log for Supervisor to review i.e., project work completed, work not completed or any unusual occurrences for the evening.
- Demonstrates proper infection control procedures when collecting soiled linen.
- Maintains an adequate amount of sanitized linen in the linen room ad closets on patient units.
- Delivers under-pads and laundry bags to the floors as required.
- Communicates with Superior laundry staff to adjust par levels as required.
- Washes hospital-owned dust mops.
- Working knowledge of carpet shampoo extractor, rotating shampooer, auto floor scrubber, wet/dry machine.
- Operation of equipment as well as procedures involved in using them. Infection control practices with regards to cleaning patients rooms and hospital.
- Project management as it relates to floor care.
- High School or Equivalent (GED).
- Minimum of three years of EVS experience or working in a lead role with in a healthcare setting required.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Extensive hands on knowledge of Housekeeping techniques in a healthcare environment with specific emphasis on the floor care maintenance.
- Ability to work well with various staff and management levels in the organization, along with a variety of external contacts.
- Performs tasks which involve exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Equipment Operated, Carpet extractors, rotary floor machines, auto floor scrubbers, a/c and battery powered floor polishers and wet/dry vacuums, soiled/clean linen carts.
- Physical Activity: Lift and carry 50 lbs. Push/ Pull 50 lbs. Reach Overhead. Climb. Squat/ bend/kneel.Sit/Stand. Walk/move about. High level of lifting linen and pushing linen carts. On feet most of the day walking. Physically demanding job.
- Working Conditions: Works with a variety of day to day chemicals used in the cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection of various areas throughout the hospital.
- May be responsible for collection of bio-hazardous waste.
- Uses a variety of heavy duty floor care equipment used to maintain carpeted and hard surfaces areas.
- Assures the maintenance of various recycling programs in place and that staff are implementing them properly.
- Hours: 11:00pm-7:30pm and every other weekend
- Pharmacy Technician, Part-Time/Casual, Rotating Huntley, Illinois
- Certified Medical Assistant - Behavioral Health Practice, Huntley, Full-time, Days Huntley, Illinois
- Patient Services Rep - Behavioral Health Medical Group, McHenry, Part-time McHenry, Illinois
- Triage Nurse - Primary Care Crystal Lake, Full-time, Days Crystal Lake, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs