Coordinator EMS CQI - Delnor EMS, Part-time, DaysGeneva, Illinois Job REQID 6190 Job Function Quality/Business Development/Process Improvement Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The EMS CQI Coordinatorreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for the coordination of the EMS Quality Improvement Program for the Southern Fox Valley EMS System.
- Facilitate a high level of quality in EMS care across the Southern Fox Valley EMS System using such recognized methods as clinical report audits, system assessment techniques and process mapping.
- Work with other EMS staff members to maintain and improve quality of clinical care and processes along with data management.
- Service Excellence:
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Provides accurate information and timely updates to staff and customers. Addresses questions and concerns promptly, or identifies appropriate person and resources to do so.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments. Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, and acknowledges the assistance and contributions others.
- Efficiency and Business Growth:
- Uses organizational and department resources effectively.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work processes, improve and develop services.
- Administration and Documentation:
- Demonstrates knowledge of current EMS Act and IDPH Rules & Regulations, and awareness of changes in such rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates knowledge and familiarity with Southern Fox Valley EMS System policies, protocols, and system plan.
- Develops and maintains EMS quality improvement and data collection program. Will notify EMS System Coordinator, EMS Program Manager and EMS Medical Director(s) of activities, trends and incidents.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in planning and implementing the EMS CQI Program to meet the needs of the EMS System.
- Assists in entering and tracking continuing education hours for system providers.
- Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and evaluate pre-hospital patient care and assure accurate data collection.
- Collects the appropriate data measurement and provides assessment and analysis.
- Monitors and analyzes data, trends, and patterns that affect quality of pre-hospital patient care and services.
- Effectively communicates and disseminates the information and outcomes of CQI to EMS/Trauma Staff, prehospital providers and Emergency Department staff.
- Works in conjunction with the EMS CE Coordinator to provide data trend information to assist in CE program development.
- Compiles, reviews and submits IDPH mandated quarterly reports as well as other assigned regulatory reporting requirements.
- Develop and chair the EMS System CQI Committee.
- Assists EMS Program Manager with any special projects.
- Assists EMS System Coordinator with ensuring continued compliance with EMS System Plan.
- EMT or Paramedic licensure
- Associate's degree
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS
- Ability to use basic computer operations and knowledge of Windows and Excel.
- Good communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced Excel skills
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Financial Analyst - Contract Systems and Audit, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- EVS Tech Lead - CDH, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Obstetrics, Registry, Rotating - $500 Sign-on Bonus Sandwich, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Regional Management Group- Rheumatology- Full-time- Days- $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs