Cook II - West Region, Delnor, Part-time, DaysLocation Geneva, Illinois Business Unit Delnor Hospital Job REQID 19316 Job Function Food Services Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Cook II reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position supports the Food and Nutrition Team by preparing food and meal items in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Measures, mixes, and prepares ingredients according to approved recipes.
- Demonstrates understanding and proper use of kitchen equipment including, but not limited to: blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, ovens, steamers, etc.
- Demonstrates consistent use of knife skills (chopping, slicing, dicing, paring)
- Prepares and presents café, patient, and catering menu items according to recipes and standards.
- Prepares and presents sauces, soups, stews, casseroles, and desserts meeting established dietary guidelines.
- Cooks meats, fish, and fowl safely in a variety of ways such as baking, roasting, broiling and steaming. Carves meats into individual servings according to recipe and/or diet order.
- Monitors and records temperature of steam table and hot held items throughout service period.
- Tests foods being cooked to ensure doneness. Adjusts heat controls as needed. Insures foods are prepared, held or served at proper temperatures.
- Produces food that is flavorful and attractively presented.
- Only changes ingredients or seasonings when directed by chef or culinary leader.
- Maintains product levels and appearance of service stations.
- Consults with manager regarding handling of any leftovers.
- Observes infection control and HACCP practices at all times.
- Proper completion of all daily temperature logs and daily production sheets. Assists supervisor with corrections as needed.
- Maintains kitchen/station in a safe and organized manner.
- Manages work schedule efficiently completing tasks at assigned times.
- Monitors cooking equipment as needed. Communicates with a manager to initiate any repairs.
- Other duties may be assigned by managers or supervisors due to operational needs.
- High School diploma or equivalent; or in lieu of high school diploma/GED, must have a minimum of 1 year relevant experience in any of the following: cooking, production, or food service.
- Successful completion of Safe Food Handler certification within 1 year of hire.
- 20 hours a week. Mostly morning hours and every other weekend morning.
- Previous healthcare cooking experience.
- Completion of some culinary schooling
- Basic knowledge of special diets.
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Operating Room Nurse - CDH Ambulatory Surgery, Full-time, Days (M-F no holidays no weekends) Warrenville, Illinois
- Registered Nurse Hiring Blitz - Delnor, Central DuPage and Marianjoy Hospitals Geneva, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Part-time, Days (ED) Elgin, Illinois
- Masters Prepared Case Therapist I, Full-time- Days $1,000 Sign-on DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs