Clinical Practice Partner, Cardiac/Telemetry - Delnor Professional Development, Part Time, DaysLocation Geneva, Illinois Business Unit Delnor Hospital Job REQID 29258 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Clinical Practice Partner RN reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Clinical Practice Partner RN consistently demonstrates superior clinical knowledge in the area of Cardiac/Telemetry.
- Models and facilitates safe, effective, efficient, patient-centered care through a multidisciplinary and collaborative approach within unit/division.
- Disseminates evidenced-based practice while functioning as a clinical resource, clinical mentor, quality improvement leader, change agent, and nurse researcher.
- Participates in the identification, development, implementation and evaluation of innovative quality improvement, EBP, and nursing research initiatives based on evaluation of practice environment.
- Rounds daily with the primary intention of coaching and mentoring nursing staff through the resolution of clinical and ethical dilemmas at the bedside.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates patient education in partnership with unit-based shared governance councils.
- Plans, develops and evaluates unit-based specialty educational curriculum for both new and existing staff in partnership with Professional Development Consultant.
- Facilitates the provision of clinically competent care by staff/preceptors/team through education, role modeling, team building, and quality monitoring in partnership with unit leadership team and Professional Development Consultant.
- Attends unit/division patient care rounds regularly and actively promotes strategies, including advanced nursing therapies, to meet the multifaceted needs of complex patients and groups of patients.
- Serves as expert clinical resource related to specialty area throughout the nursing organization.
- Plans, implements and evaluates special projects as assigned.
- Participates in and/or leads department/division and house-wide committees and work teams to facilitate improvement in patient care including but not limited to Magnet and regulatory readiness.
- Promotes the advancement of the profession through writing/publishing and group presentations both internally and externally.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends, new technology, etc. through professional development and participation in professional organizations within specialty area.
- Facilitates the development of unit/division order sets, practice guidelines and evidence-based policies and procedures.
- Promotes and leads the professional development of front-line staff in areas such as certification, shared governance and career advancement programs.
- Engages in a formal process, seeking feedback regarding one's own practice from peers, professional colleagues, and others.
- Participates in the review of unit based quality data including but not limited to unit dashboards and occurrence reports and assists with corresponding action as needed in partnership with key unit/division stakeholders.
- Provides formal input into staff evaluations as related to clinical competence (quality and practice).
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Five years of experience in Cardiac/Telemetry
- Registered Nurse
- Certification in area of specialty
- Effective communication skills
- AHA BLS Provider certification
- Masters of Science in Nursing Clinical Specialty
- CPR-Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Services Rep- Regional Medical Group Pediatrics- Part-Time, Days South Elgin, Illinois
- Food Service Worker - Kish Food & Nutrition Services, Full-time, Rotating, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus DeKalb, Illinois
- Patient Service Representative - Cardiology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Department Secretary - Outpatient Rehabilitation, Full-time, Rotating Sycamore, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs