Senior Sonographer - OBGYN (Evanston), Full-time, DaysLocation Evanston, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 57003 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Day Job (1st) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 34.28 Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The NMG Senior Sonographer reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Memorial adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures to generate the information necessary for the diagnosis and subsequent treatment of outpatients. Services are provided in accordance with industry standards, department protocols, and hospital policies and procedures.
-Essential Functions and How They Are Accomplished
- Performs at an advanced technical skill level, is aware of, and clearly meets and/or exceeds the practice standards for Medical Imaging as defined by the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
- Assesses and evaluates the physicians’ orders for an ultrasound examination according to departmental protocol.
- Performs patient education related to examination and the unique technology involved.
- Notifies physicians of unique imaging characteristics.
- Processes images and data from examinations for interpretation and review by the attending physician.
- Completes and maintains the medical record consisting of images and associated paperwork for processing.
- Assist in the medical education of house staff, technologist, and ancillary personnel as it relates to diagnostic ultrasound.
- Performs quality control diagnostic testing and assures quality assurance for diagnostic ultrasound. Completes prescribed quality control standards daily, as prescribed for shift and/or scanner location, depending upon scope of designated responsibilities.
- Performs minor maintenance as required and assesses the need for manufacturer service.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates proficiency in gathering data, assessing, and responding to the patients’ cognitive, psychomotor, physiological, psychological, and emotional needs/condition as is appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
- Provides assessment of student progress as necessary.
- Uses designated equipment effectively, skillfully, and efficiently and maintains equipment and work area as directed.
- Periodically assesses the condition of equipment and furnishing and reports the need for replacement or repair.
- Maintain current knowledge of all Diagnostic Ultrasound exams and protocols and patient care equipment in the department.
- Maintains communication with all Radiologists to assure the quality of service.
- Mentors less experienced staff to acceptable competency in any given Ultrasound procedure.
- Coordinates all functions with the appropriate section Resource Coordinators and managers to ensure total department quality.
- Utilizes resources as required within the Institution and the Department of Radiology to provide consultation, education, technical, or informational services as needed to self, staff, or patients.
- Participate as a clinical instructor in conjunction with affiliated Ultrasound programs.
- Provide imaging services of optimum quality with optimum productivity and customer service.
- Collects data to support the measurement and tracking components of quality management.
- Participate in formal and informal process improvement and problem solving to enhance the quality of service to customers.
- Identifies areas for potential improvement and recommends corrective actions.
- Ensures the continuity of care through effective interactions with other departments (i.e.: surgery, emergency department, registration, patient escort, nursing services)
- Medical terminology
- Strong computer skills - including Excel and Word for Windows
- Associate Degree required or equivalent experience; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to work productively and to meet deadlines under stress
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- At least three years of experience as a Sonographer
- Graduation from an accredited Program in Ultrasound
- ARDMS – Certification
- CPR- BLS
- Minimum 3 years experience in technical area of expertise with documented highly developed technical skills.
This position requires a mature, self-motivated individual who needs little supervision. Excellent time management skills will be used daily to meet critical deadlines. Excellent communication, problem solving, and critical thinking skills are required to enable this incumbent to achieve win-win solutions with all levels of NMH and physician office personnel.
Sonographers must be able to manage the patient safely and effectively during the imaging procedure with the limitation of the patient’s cognitive abilities, psycho-motor skills, emotional stability, and sensory capabilities (sight, hearing, etc.)
- Neonate: Newborn to 28 days
- Adolescence: 12 – 18 years
- Early Adult: 18 – 29 years
- Young Adult: 29 – 40 years
- Middle Adult: 40 – 64 years
- Geriatrics: 64 years and older
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs