RadiographerLocation Evanston, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 113293 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $27.83 + per hour.
The Radiographer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Radiographer is primarily responsible for performing general radiographic diagnostic imaging procedures to generate imaging information necessary for the diagnosis and subsequent treatment of outpatients. Services are to be provided in accordance with industry standards, organization standards and Department procedures and protocols.
- Receives, reviews and evaluates radiographic requisitions to determine the appropriate procedure, protocol and method of application that is needed in order to complete the x-ray exam.
- Provides quality patient care & customer service according to Foundation and department practices. Provide patient education through verbal explanation prior to, during and subsequent to the procedure in order to reduce the patient’s anxiety and enhance their comfort zone and tolerance of the procedure. Care for the patient throughout the procedure according to department standards, including accompanying the patient to and from the x-ray exam rooms.
- Appropriately employs imaging systems, accessory devices and patient positioning techniques to generate general radiographic (stationary and mobile) images. Perform imaging procedures in accordance with safe radiation safety practices as determined by the Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety and the NCR to limit radiation exposure to patient, self and other members of the healthcare team.
- Evaluates the completed images in comparison with industry standards (Merrill’s Atlas of Roentgenographic Positions) and take corrective action as needed. Provide x-ray images of optimum, quality with optimum productivity and customer service.
- Produces high quality radiographs in order to minimize patient radiation exposure through coning, the use of radiographic filters, as well as lead shielding devices. Quality control and the occurrence of repeat x-rays is the desired goal of the Radiographer. Collect and record data as identified by the department as support documentation to support the measurement and tracing components of quality management.
- Completes and/or verifies the accounting and billing information section of the charge voucher, including department, billing area, location, provider, etc. in order to ensure accurate billing for radiographic services.
- Reports incidences of equipment problems, failure, irregularities in equipment performance and equipment disrepair to management and vendor personnel as soon as possible.
- Assists with the performance of clerical functions within the department including but not limited to: filing and pulling of films for upcoming clinic sessions, pick up of films at NMH, set up and removal of films for reading to the alternator, purging of old records, monitor inventory and order stock, as needed.
- Certification in Radiography by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology.
- Active license with Illinois Emergency Management Administration (IEMA)
- Graduation from an accredited Radiography program
- Associates Degree in Applied Science, Radiography OR Certificate of Completion, Radiography Program (hospital sponsored)
- CPR - Basic Life Support certification through American Heart Association (AHA)
- Zero (0) to two (2) years’ experience in radiology.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in Radiography at a health care institution.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs