Physical Therapist - Sports Medicine, Full-time, DaysLocation Evanston, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 59636 Job Function Rehabilitation/Wellness Shift Day Job (1st) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 34.28 Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Physical Therapistreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Assesses the patient, reviews and interprets the patients medical evaluations and test results.
- Determines a physical therapy treatment plan, selects and administers manual exercises, utilizes appropriate assistive and supportive devices.
- Encourages and assists the patient in performing therapeutic physical activities, provides patient, family, and caregiver education and instruction in home exercise programs.
- Administers physical therapy treatments, directs and monitors treatment given by paraprofessionals and support personnel, provides follow-up clinical direction and guidance.
- Evaluates effects of physical therapy, observes and notes patients response and progress, recommends adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning in collaboration with health care team and assures continuation of therapeutic treatment by participating in home care planning and recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Participates in interdisciplinary rounds.
- Participates in ongoing mentorship program, serves as preceptor as requested.
- Assists in monitoring of quality assurance indicators. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Physical Therapy, Licensed (IL).
- Basic Life Support (American Heart Association) certification.
- Master of Science or Doctorate in Physical Therapy (if graduated after 2002).
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Physical Therapy (if graduated before 2002).
- Zero (0) to two (2) years experience in a relevant role.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable the individual with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs