Physical Therapist Fellow - Evanston Part time DaysLocation Evanston, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 98801 Job Function Rehabilitation/Wellness Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $34.28 + per hour.
Monday - Friday, Part-time 20 hrs/wk
The Physical Therapist Clinical Fellow reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position provides a systematic set of learning experiences that address the knowledge, skills, and effective behaviors the fellow needs to achieve within the 12-month program.
- Selects and administers appropriate physical therapy evaluations.
- Develops and implements collaborative treatment plans.
- Provides patient, family and caregiver education.
- Participates with other team members in patient discharge planning through verbal and written communications.
- Provides clear, concise patient care documentation as per departmental standards.
- Supervises appropriate paraprofessionals and support personnel via monitoring the treatment plans’ administration and provides follow-up clinical direction and guidance.
- Administers physical therapy evaluations and treatment plans for patients by providing assessments and selecting appropriate techniques and therapies in order to restore function and prevent disability.
- Administration of Work
- Provides direct patient care for 50% of the weekly FTE Performs appropriate physical therapy evaluations and re-evaluations on a regular basis.
- Designs and implements appropriate treatment plans.
- Participates in patient discharge and home care planning to facilitate the continuity of patient care.
- Assists in monitoring of quality management indicators.
- Provide rehabilitation services to collegiate athletes within the sports medicine/athletic training room.
- Participates in research studies to include data collection, processing, analysis, and interpretation of 3D movement analysis and strength assessments in healthy and injured individuals.
- Participation in application of sports medicine training with venue coverage on the field/court of play.
- Leadership/Supervisory Skills
- Delegates appropriate responsibilities to subordinates.
- Promotes philosophy and objectives of NM and Rehabilitation Services.
- Present minimum of 1 in-service per year for Rehabilitation Services Department.
- Completes special projects as assigned by the Manager or Fellowship Director.
- Promotes and maintains professional working relationship with peers.
- Maintains/promotes open communication with interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in an ongoing mentorship program.
- Participates in interdisciplinary rounds and team meetings.
- Attends/contributes to monthly departmental and discipline-specific service meetings.
- Physical Therapy License, Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulations
- Master of Science or Doctorate in Physical Therapy
- Basic Life Support - American Heart Association
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS) specialist certification in Sports, or Completion of an ABPTRFE-accredited Sports residency
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs