Social Worker - Discharge Planning, Part-time, DaysLocation DeKalb, Illinois Business Unit Kishwaukee Hospital Job REQID 38114 Job Function Mental Health/Social Services Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Social Worker - Discharge Planning, Part-time, Days
Weekends and Holiday rotation.
The Social Worker/Discharge Plan reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Social Worker is responsible for providing high quality services through the continuum of care to the patient and the patients family in order to obtain optimal social and emotional functioning. These services include direct service to patients and their families both on an inpatient and outpatient basis. The Social Worker coordinates options and services to meet the patients needs through collaboration and consultation with physicians and other healthcare personnel.
- Bachelors degree with major in Social Work.
- At least two years of hospital experience in discharge planning with documented experience in acute care setting providing direct service to patients.
- Knowledge of normal characteristics of growth and development throughout the span of life.
- Demonstrates comprehensive clinical skills, ability to work productively and effectively, ability to function well as a member of a multidisciplinary team, and ability to represent the program well in interactions both inside and outside the host hospital.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Emergency Dept Tech - Woodstock ED, Full Time, NIghts Woodstock, Illinois
- 2022 Job Fair for Hospitality & Sterilizing Tech's - Central DuPage Hospital, offering Sign-On Bonuses Winfield, Illinois
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Cardiac Surgery, Full-time, Rotating Chicago, Illinois
- Certified Medical Assistant - RMG Primary Care- Full-time, Days Orland Park, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs