RN Care CoordinatorLocation DeKalb, Illinois Business Unit Kishwaukee Hospital Job REQID 38303 Job Function Nursing Coordinator Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The RN Care Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The RN Care Coordinator role is to work collaboratively with the physician and interdisciplinary team to facilitate patient care, enhance quality of clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction, integrate and coordinate utilization management and proactive care progression, and manage the cost of care and provide timely and accurate information to payers. This role demonstrates professionalism while working collaboratively with physicians, the interdisciplinary team, and payers to ensure that patients receive the appropriate level of care and services to meet their ongoing healthcare needs in the most appropriate and cost effective environment possible. The RN Care Coordinator serves as a patient advocate in all situations.
- Associate's degree in nursing
- At least two years of recent acute care hospital experience along with one year of experience with utilization management and case management.
- Critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate efficiency with job duties.
- Strong foundation of clinical knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Ability to learn computer skills in Microsoft Word, Meditech, Midas systems within 30 days.
- Current RN license in the state of Illinois
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Services Rep- Regional Medical Group Pediatrics- Part-Time, Days South Elgin, Illinois
- Food Service Worker - Kish Food & Nutrition Services, Full-time, Rotating, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus DeKalb, Illinois
- Patient Service Representative - Cardiology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Department Secretary - Outpatient Rehabilitation, Full-time, Rotating Sycamore, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs