Rapid Intervention Nurse / ICU Nurse, Full-time, DaysLocation DeKalb, Illinois Business Unit Kishwaukee Hospital Job REQID 59414 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Day Job (1st) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 32.5 Apply Now
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Rapid Intervention Nurse / ICU Nurse, Full-time, Days
The Rapid Intervention/Response Nurse reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position is a clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who prescribes, delegates and coordinates nursing care to acute patients requiring rapid intervention through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation. The Rapid Intervention/Response Nurse effectively interacts with patient, significant others, and other health team members, while maintaining ANA standards of professional nursing practice. This position has the ability to respond to patients needing rapid intervention across multiple departments including emergency department, adult inpatient units, interventional labs and diagnostic imaging.
- Nursing Process - collects and analyzes data, identifies expected outcomes, develops and implements an individualized plan, coordinates care delivery and evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Consistently demonstrates AIDET and the eight key behaviors of rounding during all acute care interventions and follow-up visits with patients and families.
- Performs immediate intervention and directs care during rapid response calls for assigned patient population/s.
- Directs teammates in a collaborative manner using safe, evidence based standards and defined nursing and service line protocols.
- Performs rapid intervention (e.g. Code Bat) on transfers from outside faciliites and patients admitted through the Emergency Department.
- Completes all appropriate initial paperwork (e.g. NIHSS) ; stays with patient throughout diagnostic imaging, and delivery to unit of care.
- Rounds on patient post rapid intervention event; completes evaluation and data collection requirements related to specific rapid intervention role (Code Bat, RRT, Code Blue including NIHSS, JCAHO, other regulatory requirements).
- Assists with specific diagnostic and interventional studies and administers medications as required for rapid intervention job function: (example Bubble Studies; tPA).
- Performs role as critical response RN effectively including participation on the rapid response and code blue teams, RN tele consults and patient visitations.
- Collaborates with patient, family, physicians and ancillary staff.
- Creates a documented plan, focused on outcomes and decisions related to the care and delivery of services, that indicates communications with patients, families, and others.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (if hired after 01/01/2011)
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois
- Three or more years of acute critical care experience
- Telemetry skills – must be demonstrated within one month of hire
- CPR – Basic Life Support
- CPR- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Telemetry skills
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs