Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner ONLY - Psychiatry, Full-time, DaysLocation DeKalb, Illinois Business Unit Ben Gordon Center Job REQID 12737 Job Function Advanced Practice RN Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Northwestern Medicine has an exciting opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner to work in our Psychiatry department. This position is shared between two behavioral health sites: NM Behavioral Health Services (BHS) is an outpatient department of Kishwaukee Hospital and Ben Gordon Center (BGC) is a Community Mental Health Center that provides comprehensive behavioral health services throughout the lifespan. The psychiatric NP has the responsibility to diagnose, treat, and manage acute and chronic mental health conditions through the application of evidence-based decision-making; to work collaboratively with other members of the care team; and to participate in other activities that promote the mission and goals of the department/health system.
This is an onsite (not telehealth) position
Shift: M-F, days, with one evening per week; no holidays/weekends/on-call. May provide services at two sites in DeKalb/Sycamore and the hours of operation vary somewhat from one location to the other
The Advanced Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Advanced Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner (APN/NP) works within the guidelines of a collaborative practice agreement with an active member of the medical staff of Central DuPage Hospital. In partnership with physicians and other health care team members, the APN/NP assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, and evaluates care for a specific patient population based on individual scope of practice. Through the application of evidenced-based decision making, the APN/NP serves as a leader, educator, researcher and clinical mentor to all members of the health care team with the goal of achieving optimal patient outcomes. The APN/NP practices utilizing the scope and standards of practice for the advanced practice nurse as published by the American Nurses Association.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school/college of nursing
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner certification
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois/Current license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois. Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by a national certifying body as approved by the Illinois Department of Regulation APRN Board. Once licensed may apply for a controlled substance license and DEA number
- Privileged and credentialed through the NM Medical Staff Office (MSO)
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation – BLS, issued by the American Heart Association
- Prior experience in behavioral health (as NP, RN, case manager, etc.)
- Interest and/or experience in substance abuse disorders/treatment
- Interest in and/or experience working with adults as well as child/adolescents.
- One (1) year of experience as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Scribe - Ophthalmology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Patient Liaison - OBGYN Oncology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - Delnor Ortho/Oncology Med/Surgical, Part Time, Days - $1,000 Sign on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
- EVS Technician/Housekeeper - Kish Environmental Services, Summer Help DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs