Psychiatric Counselor Discharge Planner-Emergency Department Full-Time EveningsLocation DeKalb, Illinois Business Unit Kishwaukee Hospital Job REQID 81080 Job Function Mental Health/Social Services Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Psych Coord/Discharge Plan-Emergency Department Full-Time Evenings
The Psychiatric Counselor/Discharge Planner reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Under the direction of nursing leadership, the Psychiatric Counselor/Discharge Planner delivers direct care to the psychiatric patient in order to promote optimal social and emotional functioning. These services include direct service to patients and their families both on an inpatient and outpatient basis. The Psychiatric Counselor/Discharge Planner coordinates options and services to meet the patient's needs through collaboration and consultation with physicians and other healthcare personnel.
- Coordinates the discharge planning and social service program, identifies patients needing psychiatric/mental health services after discharge with consideration given to normal characteristics of growth and development throughout the life span.
- Ensures smooth transition and comprehensive discharge plans for their patient and their family.
- Monitors clinical information to support the psychosocial assessment, treatment, education and continuity among healthcare providers and to enhance and improve individual and organizational performance in patient care.
- Conducts intakes consisting of pre-admission assessment, all admission forms.
- Plans and implements care in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team.
- Enhances and maintains an environment in which patient safety is a priority.
- Assures compliance with mandated Medicare/Medicaid initiatives.
- Coordinates with patient the activities to meet patients goals as evidenced by:
- Working collaboratively as a member of the health care team and with the patient/family/significant other to develop a plan of continuing care compatible with patient needs, goals, and financial resources while giving consideration to the normal characteristics of growth and development throughout the life span.
- Documenting plan appropriately in Meditech.
- Completing Psychosocial assessments on all patients with a consultation request/order.
- Family/significant other participation in patient care per patient request/approval.
- Completing all required forms in accordance with the Illinois Mental Health Code.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to address need to move patient to a lower level of care, add/change/delete ancillary service, discharge a patient, change medication/treatment to a less expensive alternative, or provide education when appropriate.
- Provides ongoing patient education.
- Documentation of all interventions within the code and services provided.
- Recognizes, responds, provides education and appropriately refers requests for problem intervention.
- Recognizes, responds, and appropriately refers requests for problem intervention in accordance to the Illinois Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Code.
- Visits agencies/facilities providing services to NM patients as department time allows and reports findings at department meetings.
EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Three (3) years of experience providing direct service to patients, knowledge of the mental health code, and knowledge of normal characteristics of growth and development throughout the span of life.
- Completion of Management of Aggressive Behavior Certification or CPI (yearly as offered).
- Completion of restraint training (yearly as offered).
- Bachelors with major in social work or related field
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs