Oncology Navigator- Regional Medical Group Oncology- Full-Time, DaysLocation DeKalb, Illinois Business Unit Regional Medical Group Job REQID 38172 Job Function Customer Service Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Oncology Navigator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Oncology Financial Navigator works as a member of the oncology navigation team collaborating frequently with the social worker team. The navigator provides financial counseling to cancer center patients and assists them in accessing financial resources. The navigator works closely with the RN navigators to ensure contact with patients the same day of diagnosis or initial contact with the cancer center; they maintain communication with patients during their course of treatment.
- Investigate and verify patient benefits, determine patient financial obligation for course of treatment.
- Assist patients and families to explore options for financial assistance for medical services and pharmaceuticals.
- Assist patients in obtaining financial assistance (i.e., Medicaid, drug replacement) and assist the patient to fill out forms as necessary relative to financial liability and estimated treatment costs.
- Work closely with patients and Patient Financial Services (PFS) to resolve account balance issues and establish payment plans.
- Assist with responding to insurance denials and providing documentation of medical necessity.
- Review patient chemotherapy protocols and determine insurance benefits and patient responsibility.
- Assist patient with oral medication prescription assistance, including oral chemotherapy.
- Work collaboratively with NM staff and external resources to identify other various sources of funding mechanisms and/or alternatives to reduce the cost of treatment.
- Respond to high distress screening scores.
- With nurse navigator, meet every new patient at first appointment to establish relationship with patient.
- Educate patients on basics of their health insurance (co-pays & deductibles, in-network benefits, etc.).
- Respond to patient billing inquiries.
- Associate's degree in healthcare related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years experience in a healthcare setting working with patient finance and assistance programs.
- Ability to interact with patients and families to reduce anxiety and convey an attitude of acceptance, sensitivity and caring; demonstrate effective listening skills and be well spoken.
- Must be highly organized.
- Knowledgeable of current resources and programs to assist the patients need for financial resources.
- Understand and utilize a variety of information systems to obtain and coordinate needed information, both internal and external.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or healthcare related field.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Assistant- RMG Allergy Winfield, Full-Time, Days [$2,000 Sign-On Bonus] Winfield, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Transcatheter Valve Publications Coordinator, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Medical Assistant - Urology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Nursing House Supervisor - PH Nursing Management, Full-Time, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs