Nurse Practitioner ONLY - Palliative Medicine, Full-time, DaysLocation DeKalb, Illinois Business Unit Regional Medical Group Job REQID 11434 Job Function Advanced Practice RN Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Northwestern Medicine has an exciting opportunity for an experienced APRN to work in our Palliative Medicine department at Kishwaukee Hospital. The Advanced Practice Nurse will work alongside a Palliative Medicine team, including 2 Palliative Medicine physicians, 1 dedicated Palliative Medicine nurse, a dedicated Palliative Medicine social worker. The APN will function as an inpatient consultant on the inpatient floors/ICUs as well as have his or her own clinic time. Through the application of evidence-based decision making, the APN would serve as a leader, educator, researcher and clinical mentor to all members of the health care team with the goal of achieving optimal patient outcomes. This is a combination of about 60% IP and 40% OP, still tbd.
Shift: M-F, days; some weekday, weekend, and holiday call is required (this is shared with other providers)
The Advanced Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Advanced Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner (APN/NP) works within the guidelines of a collaborative practice agreement with an active member of the medical staff of Central DuPage Hospital. In partnership with physicians and other health care team members, the APN/NP assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, and evaluates care for a specific patient population based on individual scope of practice. Through the application of evidenced-based decision making, the APN/NP serves as a leader, educator, researcher and clinical mentor to all members of the health care team with the goal of achieving optimal patient outcomes. The APN/NP practices utilizing the scope and standards of practice for the advanced practice nurse as published by the American Nurses' Association. #AdvancedPracticeRegisteredNurse
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois
- Current license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois
- Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by a national certifying body as approved by the Illinois Department of Regulation APRN Board.
- Once licensed may apply for a controlled substance license and DEA number
- Current Collaborative Practice Agreement with an active member of the medical staff at Northwestern Medicine
- BLS certification
- Active driver's license
- Minimum of three (3) years of APN experience
- Palliative/Hospice experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Access Specialist - Registration, Part-time, NIghts Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Access Concierge - Guest Services, Part-time, Evenings Winfield, Illinois
- CT Scan Technologist, IHR - Delnor CT Scanning, As Needed, Days Geneva, Illinois
- Registered Staff Nurse, Inpatient - Delnor Med/Surgical, Full Time, Nights - $3,000 Sign on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs